• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continued prayers for his family
    Anyone have an update on the other boy?

Comment

Continued prayers for his family

Comment

Huntin Hard- I heard he was alert and conscious- communicating and giving the thumbs up- I’m sure he is banged up from the injuries sustained but glad he is recovering. Sad situation for all involved. Absolute nightmare

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Huntin Hard- I heard he was alert and conscious- communicating and giving the thumbs up- I’m sure he is banged up from the injuries sustained but glad he is recovering. Sad situation for all involved. Absolute nightmare
          Thank you for the update. So happy he is doing better

Comment

RIP Hunter Hadley - God bless you and your family.

Comment

prayers sent up for the family and friends

Comment

If the barge was empty, they are very hard to see at night, if you are going straight at them. It looks pitch black in front of you, the deck is so high off the water, you can’t see the lights on the deck. The sky looks pitch black in front of you. When we almost hit a barge head on in a channel, we could hear a noise, when it was close. We could hear a rushing water noise, which did not make sense out in the middle of a channel, or anywhere in a bay. When we finally saw a sharp white line across the water in front of us, that’s when we all started looking very fast up, and side to side and figured out we were less than 40 yards from hitting a empty barge head on. I banked it hard left, then almost drove straight up on the beach. We were in the channel between Aransas Pass and Port A. That channel is much narrower than the Inner Coastal.

Has we been on an air boat, we never would have heard the water rushing noise, we knew something was not right, but could not figure it out. That and we were heading towards Aransas Pass, Corpus was to the left/south of A,P., so we should have been able to see a bunch of lights ahead of us, but it was pitch black ahead of us. But in the area it sounds like they were, there is not near as many lights along the shore line, then then would have been going parallel to the shore line. Then the noise of an air boat. It’s not hard to understand how they could have drove straight into a empty barge going up the Inner Coastal. Once you have been in that situation, you will understand.

Comment

Prayers sent.....

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                    If the barge was empty, they are very hard to see at night, if you are going straight at them. It looks pitch black in front of you, the deck is so high off the water, you can’t see the lights on the deck. The sky looks pitch black in front of you. When we almost hit a barge head on in a channel, we could hear a noise, when it was close. We could hear a rushing water noise, which did not make sense out in the middle of a channel, or anywhere in a bay. When we finally saw a sharp white line across the water in front of us, that’s when we all started looking very fast up, and side to side and figured out we were less than 40 yards from hitting a empty barge head on. I banked it hard left, then almost drove straight up on the beach. We were in the channel between Aransas Pass and Port A. That channel is much narrower than the Inner Coastal.

Has we been on an air boat, we never would have heard the water rushing noise, we knew something was not right, but could not figure it out. That and we were heading towards Aransas Pass, Corpus was to the left/south of A,P., so we should have been able to see a bunch of lights ahead of us, but it was pitch black ahead of us. But in the area it sounds like they were, there is not near as many lights along the shore line, then then would have been going parallel to the shore line. Then the noise of an air boat. It’s not hard to understand how they could have drove straight into a empty barge going up the Inner Coastal. Once you have been in that situation, you will understand.
                    Shrimp Boat Channel. The Inside ICW between Rockport - Aransas Pass is tight as well. Both have tug/barge operations, all the way to Ingleside.

Recovered a shrimpboat crewman in the Shrimp Boat Channel during the early 90s. They got hit and he went over the side. He didn't surface for 5 days, recovered mid-point at the second bridge along the causeway going from Port A to Aransas Pass - cool water temps.

Moving dark walls with a little bow water pop, and very restricted movement. They tend to have the tug over the deep section but cut corners running the shallower running front barge over shallow water in turns on pivot. This was the situation in Louisiana for my scene in the ICW. Not a comfortable situation.

Comment

Working...
                    X