Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the allure in going to a resort in Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
    Some of you guys sound like a joy to be around!
    That's what I was thinking. . .**** you guys already turned into fuddy duddies! I have been up and down the eastern and western Caribbean. I love to travel. The sand & water on the beaches are just relaxing to me. I love to scuba, zipline, horeseback, ATV's. The best of all, NO **** CELL PHONE, no boss calling. . .everything is CHILL! Some of you need to go live a little, it might help your attitude, lol! I prefer Playa over cancun or cozumel, better beaches and water, resorts are nicer, food is still so so.

Comment

I've done the all-inclusives, and they are a lot of fun with a group of friends. But these days, I prefer to rent a VRBO and a vehicle. I enjoy buying groceries and doing some cooking, usually eating dinner locally, and avoiding the crowds. I don't drink enough to really miss the all-you-can-drink aspect of it, although it is nice to occasionally spend the afternoon at a pool bar and tie one on.

Comment

We are headed to secrets Maroma in the AM, we usually do an all inclusive every year and I always enjoy myself. It’s nice just to hang out and not worry about anything. This place looks nicer than where we have been in the past so I am looking forward to it!

Comment

Most of y’all should take the money y’all are saving by not going to Mexico, and hire a tractor to drag that stick out of your asses.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            It's not just Mexico for me, but I have never wanted to spend a bunch of money and travel somewhere far away just to sit by the pool or on the beach and read a book or whatever. I like to go to interesting places and get out and see as much of it as I can. I like to hike and explore, visit the shops, eat in the restaurants, meet some locals. We've stayed at some REALLY nice resorts, but we never just hang out in them. We walk past people sitting by the pool reading on our way out the door every day. They seem to be enjoying themselves, so it's cool. Just not for us.

When people talk about resorts in Mexico, they usually say some version of, "it's very safe as long as you stay on the resort." We have friends that go multiple times every year. They love it. Just not for me.

Same for a cruise. I like to get away from people when I'm on vacation. Being on a ship with hundreds of other people would feel like hell on earth (or hell on water) for me. I know you can get off the ship for a few hours during the day, but having to stick to somebody else's schedule would suck too. But millions of people enjoy cruises, so that's cool for them. I can't imagine that I'll ever join them though.
            Wife and I feel the same as you. We do stuff wherever we are and often it’s in coastal places. Laying around at an all inclusive is not our deal. Chasing bonefish/permit/tarpon in the Bahamas or CR, yep. I don’t like Mexico based on my own personal experiences but I’m great with others liking it.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
              We are headed to secrets Maroma in the AM, we usually do an all inclusive every year and I always enjoy myself. It’s nice just to hang out and not worry about anything. This place looks nicer than where we have been in the past so I am looking forward to it!
              We went there a few years back. Very nice and had a great time.

Comment

No desire to go to places like that. To me just a waste of time and money. That's what makes it great though, we can all go where we enjoy ourselves!

Comment

Isla

The water in the Caribbean is the best
                  Attached Files

Comment

Didn't do a resort but we rented an amazing house in Isla Mujere's Mexico. We swam with whales, did some scuba diving, a small trail hike on the rocks and beach, ate at some amazing restaurants, did some shopping with the wife, and some deep sea fishing. Yeah, that's the allure for me. I don't care about a resort and a swimming pool.

I have friends that go to other countries and never leave the resort. That's their thing but I can hang out at a pool and get as drunk as I want here. No reason to travel for that.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                      No desire to go to places like that. To me just a waste of time and money. !
                      You’d be down there in a heart beat if they had a duck blind and spread already waiting on ya. 🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        Most of y’all should take the money y’all are saving by not going to Mexico, and hire a tractor to drag that stick out of your asses.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Tried it, my L3901 didnt have the nuts. Its kinda like Excaliburs sword

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          Tried it, my L3901 didnt have the nuts. Its kinda like Excaliburs sword
                          Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                          You’d be down there in a heart beat if they had a duck blind and spread already waiting on ya. 🤣🤣
                          No sir. They got ducks, but I wouldn't go to Mexico for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                            No sir. They got ducks, but I wouldn't go to Mexico for anything.
                            I admire your convictions David. I haven’t really lost anything down there either.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                              I admire your convictions David. I haven’t really lost anything down there either.
                              Including your life.......

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                                I never saw the fascination, but that is just me. I enjoy vacationing in the US where I don't have to deal with corruption, different language, gut parasites, swimming in an ocean of turds because the wind changed and sewage is being blow on the beach, and most of all possibly being killed,
                                You must not have been out much recently,
                                That sh77 is happen here in US as well, sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X