Fairfield State Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    This what I read earlier, it just came out today. He plans to sell the water to DFW.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/s...272624199.html
    Yup. Thats the plan from the get go. Aquatic Equity

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
      I cant access the article. I do know originally it was made known that he was working on a way to sell the water to Tarrant County Regional Water (which pumps water out of Richland Chambers and feeds up to Dallas). TCRW was going to possibly pump water out of Fairfield Lake into Richland to help sustain water levels, but I heard this all go shut down by the agencies that regulate ground/surface water in the region. I guess something may have changed recently, but I cant access that article.
      The developer has been quiet about the water, but some information has leaked out that he was going to sell the water to DFW and the state was concerned.

There was an amendment trying to be passed that he has to keep the water in Freestone county though.

Comment

Found the lease termination letter on TPWD's website. The Big Stinky Brown strikes again:

Comment

At one time I remember seeing signs at the Boat Ramp that said you should not consume more than 8 ounces of fish out of the lake due to a high level of Selenium in the fish. I have seen this sign at other Power Plants as well. Using Fairfield for drinking water may be no bueno!!

Comment

Funding has always been an issue with just upkeep of existing parks as well as developing new properties. They currently have several "undeveloped" pieces of land in Texas awaiting cash to put in roads and other infrastructure. Chianati Mountains, Davis Hill, Kronkosky (which is only open on a limited basis/access). Thought is these will be WMAs which from a camping standpoint may not be that great but may open up more areas of Public Hunts.

Anyway, read the article below. With the new state surplus, a bill was recently put forward by the House and already conditionally approved by Senate to provide $1 billion to be used to purchase additional public land. It has bipartisan support and if I'm reading it correctly, we should hopefully see it as a constitutional amendment to be voted on in November. I'd rather have that money going toward land purchases and not to a bunch of folks sitting around a desk in Austin.

The Texas House paved the way for a billion-dollar investment in state parks, which one advocate said would create “a new golden age” for the park system. Texas now ranks 35th nationally in state park acreage per capita.

Hope the link works.

Comment

I sure don't want any possession by eminent domain

And I certainly would not want any "contaminated" water used for my drinking water

Comment

Sounds as though both parties think they are going to buy it, what a mess https://tpwd.texas.gov/business/feed...?item=6#06_exa

Comment

11th hour

Fairfield Lake State Park is in immediate danger of closure. Act now to save it!

Tomorrow at 9am – the Texas Park and Wildlife Commission is meeting to consider authorizing the State’s acquisition of the land. This MUST happen to save our beloved park!

Click this link NOW and express your strong support for Texas to acquire the park: Save Fairfield Lake State Park Save Fairfield Lake State Park

You can also email jason.estrella@tpwd.texas.gov to make your opinion heard. Your voice matters.

This meeting is at 9am tomorrow. Time is of the essence! Share this message with others who care. Together, we can make a difference. Act swiftly to protect Fairfield Lake State Park.

Thank you!
                  Sincerely,

Angelia Orr
                  Your Conservative State Representative

Save The Park

Comment

I sent in my thoughts & told them they screwed the pooch & let it go.

Comment

I also told them to suck it up and let it go. They had their chance and let it slip through their fingers.

Comment

Those Chinese investors are going to love that park!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Those Chinese investors are going to love that park!
                          No doubt, 30K an acre for 5K arces is a drop in the bucket for red China.

Comment

Yup

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                            Yet another cluster **** brought to us by txpw.
                            Somebody,or somebody's got paid..And probably will for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              This what I read earlier, it just came out today. He plans to sell the water to DFW.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/s...272624199.html
                              I called this from the jump.

Thread on TFF in October of '21. https://texasfishingforum.com/forums...t#Post14151659

Originally posted by adam_p
                              Someone will make another fortune buying it and selling the water.

Comment

I emailed the guy at TPWD. I somewhat reluctantly support the measure, although I do hate the concept of imminent domain. I just think the benefit here outweighs my opinion on the matter.

Texas is losing wildlife habit faster than any other state, which I hate more than anything, and we're all going to suffer if it keeps up like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X