Cowboy’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
    You may be correct on the one more year for McCarthy, my money would be on Payton being the next coach, the Saints will not receive any compensation if Payton does not take a job this year. I feel like Payton wants to be the Cowboys coach, he was basically hired before McCarthy but the deal fell through because the Saints owner backed out .

How long is Payton still under contract with the Saints? Payton's contract expires after the 2024 season, meaning the Saints have his rights for two more seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      How long is Payton still under contract with the Saints? Payton's contract expires after the 2024 season, meaning the Saints have his rights for two more seasons.
      I think Payton owes the Saints a few more seasons of work. If a person under contract walks away, the clock is in essence suspended on the contract. If you walk away / retire from a sports contract with two years remaining on the contract, you still owe the two years. For example if Payton had three years remaining on his contract w/ the Saints, went away for five years, and decided to get back in the game, he would still be contractually obligated to the Saints for three years. The Saints would ask for whatever they feel like those three years of Sean Payton would be worth. I think...

If the Saints would have sent him packing, it would be different...

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
        I think Payton owes the Saints a few more seasons of work. If a person under contract walks away, the clock is in essence suspended on the contract. If you walk away / retire from a sports contract with two years remaining on the contract, you still owe the two years. For example if Payton had three years remaining on his contract w/ the Saints, went away for five years, and decided to get back in the game, he would still be contractually obligated to the Saints for three years. The Saints would ask for whatever they feel like those three years of Sean Payton would be worth. I think...

If the Saints would have sent him packing, it would be different...
        Not what I heard on sports talk radio, I heard he is free as a bird after this season, now I have not confirmed that, just what i heard.

Comment

Not what I heard on sports talk radio, I heard he is free as a bird after this season, now I have not confirmed that, just what i heard.
          There's always the possibility that i'm a dumbarse....

Comment

I’m honestly pretty surprised that they let Kellen go. It’s going to be interesting to see what he does in San Diego with Justin Herbert.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
              I’m honestly pretty surprised that they let Kellen go. It’s going to be interesting to see what he does in San Diego with Justin Herbert.
              News says it was mutually agreed on, sounds like he probably had the Chargers job lined up already and requested it.

Comment

The Grim Reaper![emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

You better find a new show

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Obviously changes were going to be made. unless Moore was calling for throws to the opposing team I am not sure what him leaving will change. Dak can’t handle pressure and regardless of pressures or not is very inconsistent with his throws.
                    Well said right here...

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                      There's always the possibility that i'm a dumbarse....
                      Nope, did a little research, the sports guy that said it is lol. I guess it is a possibility he said the compensation would be much less since there would only be one year left on his contract. No way I would give up a 1 for Payton, I would consider giving up some cash, thats only if McCarthy bombs, I really do not think that will happen, now his QB could bomb and McCarthy have to go down with the ship.

Comment

You better find a new show
                        Yep, I could have misheard him but I aint admitting that lol

Comment

Good news for him and the Chargers. He gets a real QB now
                          6'6" 236 and young. Herbert has a golden arm. Wish Dallas had him.

Comment

Originally posted by BarBBar View Post
                            6'6" 236 and young. Herbert has a golden arm. Wish Dallas had him.
                            yep, I like his play.

Comment

Letting Moore go helps Dallas zero. Going to be hard to do much with Dak and Elliot’s contracts- Both making Tier 1 money and return on investment is not very good for Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                                Letting Moore go helps Dallas zero. Going to be hard to do much with Dak and Elliot’s contracts- Both making Tier 1 money and return on investment is not very good for Dallas.

I doubt Elliot will be there next year on his current contract. The story around Twitter is that Moore's offense was incredible predicable and plain. If somebody can get more out of Dak and scheme the receivers to get more separation, that certainly helps. Its worth a shot anyway. Read yesterday they are restructuring Dak's deal as well as a few others to free up some more space. New cap is $225 mil which helps..

Personally I am shocked that Jerrah is letting so many people walk.....
                                Last edited by Smart; 01-31-2023, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X