Cowboy’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    I say trade up the necessary spots to get Bjan…. Pollard will be fragile moving forward and will demand lots of money. While he has been a good runner, I doubt he can play a hole season as a feature back and he can’t pick up a blitz to save his life.

Dak will be, well Dak on steroids without a running game.
    Absolutely not! The cost to move up in the 1st is too high to leverage future 1s and 2s for a RB. Pollard is 1 year on the franchise tag and gone, you can find RBs every year in the 2nd-4th round.

Comment

It's a tough game, they use Zeke's legs up blocking and now dump him - but then, the bank account is fat so he'll be okay

Comment

I liked Malik Davis a lot last year. Wish they would have played him more. He`s fast and seemed to see the field really good. I think him and Pollard is a better combination the Zeke and Pollard by far.
        [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8QGEcTrGZA"]Malik Davis 2022 Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
          Zeke got is big contract and then started phoning it in.
          That is 100% correct.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHYJsJfnl-A"]UNDISPUTED | Skip Bayless SHOCKED Cowboys officially release RB Ezekiel Elliott after 7 seasons - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Absolutely not! The cost to move up in the 1st is too high to leverage future 1s and 2s for a RB. Pollard is 1 year on the franchise tag and gone, you can find RBs every year in the 2nd-4th round.
              Pollard will be gone the first part of the year and again I doubt he can play an entire season as a featured back even if he was healthy. As far as second to fourth round running backs, sure you can get a decent/good running back.

Dak needs a great running back not just a decent running back. In my opinion Dak isn’t even an average qb under pressure and it will be obvious as soon as defenses stop the run like they did this past year.

If the team had an average qb I would agree with your sentiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                Pollard will be gone the first part of the year and again I doubt he can play an entire season as a featured back even if he was healthy. As far as second to fourth round running backs, sure you can get a decent/good running back.

Dak needs a great running back not just a decent running back. In my opinion Dak isn’t even an average qb under pressure and it will be obvious as soon as defenses stop the run like they did this past year.

If the team had an average qb I would agree with your sentiment.
                Let's hope this is the first sign of looking forward past next season and shedding the QB.

Also, we need a new thread and not this ridiculous "Cowboy's" version.

Comment

Does Jerrah have enough $$$$ now to get Tom Brady out of retirement for one more year. That would be Jerrah's best chance in this life to ever see another SB

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                    That is 100% correct.
                    That is 100 % bs, they could not get Zeke to come off the field when he had the torn ligament in his knee, if that is your opinion then that is fine but it sure is not fact. Not sure why people hate on him so much, he was a hell of a back before injuries started slowing him down. Third all time leading rusher for the Cowboys, only needs a couple hundred yards to be second all time, he got most of those in his first four years, should have had 3 consecutive rushing titles had Goodell not screwed him around. He definitely fell way off but lets not take away from him just how good he was his first 4 years in the NFL.

Comment

Part of the reason he fell off is because Dak can't read a defense or throw past 5 yards so defenses can just stack up against the run and dare the Cowboys to throw the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        Part of the reason he fell off is because Dak can't read a defense or throw past 5 yards so defenses can just stack up against the run and dare the Cowboys to throw the ball.
                        That may be part of it, he carried the ball like over 1800 times, that not counting the snaps where he was blocking, took a lot of hits, it sure has shown over the past 2-3 years, he definitely lost a step, but he kept playing hard and was a great team mate, hope he gets a chance somewhere else to continue playing.

Comment

There it is! Like clockwork..[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pollard didn't have a problem running.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                              Pollard didn't have a problem running.
                              Defenses expected Zeke to run, Pollard *used to* only come in on passing downs primarily. I'm not defending Zeke, I like Pollard better and like his ability for the longer runs that Zeke doesn't have.

Comment

Let's hope this is the first sign of looking forward past next season and shedding the QB.

Also, we need a new thread and not this ridiculous "Cowboy's" version.

Done https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...6#post16693506

Comment

Working...
                                X