No announcement yet.

2023 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurley takes the Saturday start away from Sthele.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Is it common for SEC to start series on Thursday? Is that just to allow for potential bad weather, or just how they do it?

Comment

SEC has been moving 3-game series up to THUR, FRI, SAT for several yrs now.

this allows for a dbl-header to be played if necessary, and the SAT game can be played into extra innings until someone wins. During SUN games, the visiting team has set travel arrangements and games have to end by 4pm. Nothing worse than the final game of a 3-game series ending in a tie b/c the visiting team has to catch a plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          SEC has been moving 3-game series up to THUR, FRI, SAT for several yrs now.

this allows for a dbl-header to be played if necessary, and the SAT game can be played into extra innings until someone wins. During SUN games, the visiting team has set travel arrangements and games have to end by 4pm. Nothing worse than the final game of a 3-game series ending in a tie b/c the visiting team has to catch a plane.
          I don't recall that happening in a Texas series? [emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Is it common for SEC to start series on Thursday? Is that just to allow for potential bad weather, or just how they do it?
            Not quite sure how they decide which series they do it on. I think they pretty much go 50/50 on Fri-Sun and Thur-Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              I don't recall that happening in a Texas series? [emoji2369]

I remember some 7 inning Sunday games to get visiting teams on planes on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                I don't recall that happening in a Texas series?
                although ties are a rare occurrence, it's baseball and anything can happen.

Moving the series to TH, FR, SAT eliminates that possibility.

Georgia baseball avoids LSU sweep by ending final game in tie

The Georgia baseball team didn’t win a game in Baton Rouge, La., this weekend, but avoided the sweep.

After losing the first two games of the series, the Bulldogs tied No. 6 LSU 2-2 on Sunday in a game that lasted 13 innings. The game ended due to a Southeastern Conference travel curfew rule that states no inning can be played after 3:45 p.m CDT. The Tigers left the bases loaded as the game was called.

Back in 2001, Texas Tech ended a game in a tie. Oklahoma erased a 7-3 deficit by scoring four runs in the bottom of the 9th to tie the game which was eventually called due to Tech's return travel plans to Lubbock.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  I remember some 7 inning Sunday games to get visiting teams on planes on time.

Ah. I do remember that.

Comment

Ags run rule Mizzou in 7 to get to .500 in SEC play.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Baylor looks really sloppy, very unlike most Baylor baseball squads.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        A few folks on here skeptical of the SS position. I think he has done well defensibly & has gotten better at the plate.

Still not good..

Comment

tonight hasn't been his night. Had done well up to tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                            tonight hasn't been his night. Had done well up to tonight.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that one.

That poor 1st base ump is having a rough one.

Comment

And here comes the bullpen…

Comment

8 run lead in the 9th, walk the 1st two up…[emoji35][emoji35]

Comment

Working...
                                X