North Dallas Help Request- Taxidermy Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have two birds ready for pick-up at Avian Arts in Gunter, Tx but don’t have any current plans to be in that area anytime soon.

Birds are paid for in full, I just need help with pick-up and then either shipping or a TBH express to Austin. Will happily compensate within reason whatever somebody thinks it’s worth.

I live fairly close to Pat. I can pick them up for you, but I don’t ever head towards Austin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will happily take you up on that. PM inbound

Comment

I’m headed to Austin area this coming weekend

Comment

It’s going to be tough for me to meet up this weekend as I’m getting married on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
            It’s going to be tough for me to meet up this weekend as I’m getting married on Saturday
            Aw, that can wait...

Comment

I have two birds ready for pick-up at Avian Arts in Gunter, Tx but don’t have any current plans to be in that area anytime soon.

Birds are paid for in full, I just need help with pick-up and then either shipping or a TBH express to Austin. Will happily compensate within reason whatever somebody thinks it’s worth.

You want somebody to ship ducks to you that has no experience with crating and shipping ducks like they are supposed to be shipped? That's a recipe for disaster. If anything you should ask your taxi to crate them for you and ship....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                You want somebody to ship ducks to you that has no experience with crating and shipping ducks like they are supposed to be shipped? That's a recipe for disaster. If anything you should ask your taxi to crate them for you and ship....
                After more research, yes it seems to be a disaster waiting to happen. I’m trying to just get them picked up and expressed or held onto until I get to the Dallas area next.

Comment

Have you asked your taxidermist if he will ship them to you? I would trust your taxidermist to properly protect your mount for shipping over someone else.

Comment

No way I would have duck mounts shipped, gotta be a better way.

Comment

I had a bird done by Birdman in Colorado, which he then shipped to me in a wooden box, secured down, and surrounded by packing peanuts. It's no small feat, but that's the only "safe" way to do it if you're going the mail route.

Comment

I will happily take you up on that. PM inbound

If Bullseye can’t for some reason, I can pick them up also and have room until we can work out express or you get up here next.
                        Drive through Gunter many times a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Have you asked your taxidermist if he will ship them to you? I would trust your taxidermist to properly protect your mount for shipping over someone else.
                          To my knowledge Avian Arts doesn't ship birds to you he will only receive them. This was a changed policy to reduce demand and be able to maintain his high quality and turnaround time.

Comment

That is a heck of an easy day trip to go get them. Find a good place to eat and enjoy the road trip.

Comment

Overdue- much thanks to TBHr Sparkles for going out of his way to pick up the birds and meet my buddy who was headed in town.

Comment

Working...
                              X