2023 crappie thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    A couple black crappie in the top right but they're bunched up. Them big fish are usually roaming or hanging out by themselves in timber.

I like casting to roaming fish!

Dumb question but is this where you are talking about? I have zero experience with electronics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
      people don't already do this?!?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      It's been like fight club till now.

I'm starting a movement. It's ok to tell people, in public, you can kill and eat largemouth bass. They're not just for hero shots on your 80k glitter boat that you post to the gram

#dontpayforbluedots
      #deepfriedbucketmouths

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
        Any of y'all have recommendations on a longer rod for jigging around stumps and brush? I'm thinking 10'ish. Most of the fishing will be done out of a kayak. I keep going back and forth on spinning or baitcasting as I'm not really going to be casting. Thanks is advance.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
        PM Buff and get you a Bonehead rod through him. Outstanding sensitivity, will cross their eyes on the hookset every time, and they float (even with a Shimano reel attached)! Ask me how I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          It's been like fight club till now.

I'm starting a movement. It's ok to tell people, in public, you can kill and eat largemouth bass. They're not just for hero shots on your 80k glitter boat that you post to the gram

#dontpayforbluedots
          #deepfriedbucketmouths

im in. if a legal fish hits the floor in my boat, it goes in the livewell. except i will only keep sandbass if I am real fish hangry.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
            PM Buff and get you a Bonehead rod through him. Outstanding sensitivity, will cross their eyes on the hookset every time, and they float (even with a Shimano reel attached)! Ask me how I know.

Now that made me smile...... The look on your face would have made it worth it if the rod had sank

Comment

Originally posted by mooch View Post
              Dumb question but is this where you are talking about? I have zero experience with electronics

It's a lot easier in video format. The fish are ones moving![emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                It's a lot easier in video format. The fish are ones moving![emoji16]

That makes more sense!

Comment

I'm not gonna say I worked all week, but todays trip backed out last night so I'm gonna go to the office all week it appears! I'll make up for it the next 2 weeks though!

Fish are on the move! Now is a great time to catch your PB!

Comment

In the last 10 days I've caught fish in 6' FOW and 56' FOW!

Did sneak over to Buff's lake and load the cooler. We finished shy of a 2 man limit but we didn't have anymore room. IDK if that's a crappie thread post or a first world problem post but it is what it is! Didn't have the quality we will need though but it was fun regardless! After the Red River crappie fishing anywhere is fun!

Darbonne next week and Grenada 2 weeks after that! I need a 4 pounder!

Comment

Hit Fork for the first time since late June! They missed me! Fished 5 hours and couldn’t get anymore in the cooler! Buddy upgraded his electronics and Clay needed another 9” HDS for the bow so he gave me one! We had several over 2 pounds. Big fish went back and forth between 2.51 and 2.55 on my scale. Probably a 2.70-2.80 on a good scale. That 11’ Jenko put her right in the sled!! Man I missed Fork!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        Hit Fork for the first time since late June! They missed me! Fished 5 hours and couldn’t get anymore in the cooler! Buddy upgraded his electronics and Clay needed another 9” HDS for the bow so he gave me one! We had several over 2 pounds. Big fish went back and forth between 2.51 and 2.55 on my scale. Probably a 2.70-2.80 on a good scale. That 11’ Jenko put her right in the sled!! Man I missed Fork!!
                        What’s the water level on Fork now Todd ?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                          Sounds like he just lowered it a few inches.👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            2.31 low! She’s come up over 3’ in the last month.

Comment

It was silly easy this weekend….. caught 100 fish both days under 4 hours

Conroe is a great lake Click image for larger version

Name:	A839D917-80C5-4846-9C7F-98B5F26E3781.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	24708033

Click image for larger version

Name:	4552A2C7-6ED0-401D-BD5D-3220EE2D24B1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	24708034

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                                It was silly easy this weekend….. caught 100 fish both days under 4 hours

Conroe is a great lake [ATTACH]1120399[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1120400[/ATTACH]
                                They ain’t gonna be no crappies left in Conroe with you and Todd both rippin lips !

Comment

Working...
                                X