No announcement yet.

2023 crappie thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah.... The wind hampered my movements for sure. Stayed in Palo Gaucho. The bite for me was slow.. I just couldn't find more than a few fish at a time.. Enjoyed the time on the water, though.
    Lesto!!

Comment

Made my first trip of fall over to LOP and she didn’t disappoint! They had 50 big fish. First hour and a half was tough but I finally figured out what they wanted. Had to put that last dozen fish in the bait well cause the cooler wouldn’t hold anymore fish! Headed to Aspermont to my buddies place to watch deer and elk and make Bloody Mary’s and cook some ribeyes!

Comment

Fishing has been great!! Been working them over on Buff's old N Conroe pond and it hasn't disappointed! Cleaned 100 in 2 trips this weekend both trips took just over 3 hours to fill the cooler. 1/8oz Slab Syndicate jigs in Popcicle and minnows did the damage. I'm fishing 22-28' FOW and the fish are 22-26' down. I love winter fishing!!

Comment

What rod in the 12ft range are yall using for scoping timber?

Comment

I’ve got some new 11’ Jenko Kevin Rogers rods for sale for $60. I have too many of you can believe that. Have some I have some well used ones for $30 and several other rods for sale as well. I’m between lake Fork and Tyler and not wanting to ship at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
              What rod in the 12ft range are yall using for scoping timber?
              Keep chasing those green fish there better eating

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                I’ve got some new 11’ Jenko Kevin Rogers rods for sale for $60. I have too many of you can believe that. Have some I have some well used ones for $30 and several other rods for sale as well. I’m between lake Fork and Tyler and not wanting to ship at this time.
                Todd, do you have any 8 or 10' poles for sale?

Comment

I’ve been thinking about going out to lake mineral wells. I’ve never been- not sure what the crappie scene looks like there. Anybody been lately?

Comment

Never been on mineral Wells or any of those lakes over that way. Bridgeport is as far west as I’ve fished. We smoked em there though. Looking out over broken bow wishing I had the slab sled with me now.

Comment

I've got rods stacking up and need to make some room. Located in Lindale, between Fork and Palestine. Not wanting to ship at this time. In case rods won't fit in santas sleigh give me a shout! I have anywhere from 1-6 of these rods depending on what one it is.

New 11' Kevin Rogers mid seats. $60
                      well used 11' Kevin Rogers mid seats $30
                      10' ACC mid seat super grip like new $50
                      4.5' Bass Pro Tn Grip dock rods well used $25
                      7' Bonehead carbon fiber green rod like new $50
                      7' Bonehead black rod needs the first eyelet replaced $40
                      8' Pro Anglers cork handle well used $30
                      8' Ozark cork handle well used $30
                      13' Sniper 13 like new $60
                      16' Sniper 16 like new $75
                      16' Wally Marshall 16' well used $30

Merry Christmas!

Comment

North Conroe continued to spit them out! Fish were deep on timber. They were 20-22’ down when we got there and 24-26’ down when we left. 1/8oz popcycle hand ties were the ticket!! Off to the deer woods with little man. Slabs get a couple days off!!

Comment

Deer seasons over! I’m watching football all day tomorrow or I would go get me some 2024 slabs!!

Comment

Working...
                          X