Any GMC Sierra Duramax Owners Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any GMC Sierra Duramax Owners Here

Lookin at buyin a 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 with the 3 liter diesel. Any reviews or first hand experience is much appreciated. Has 31,000 miles on it with 7 year 100,000 power train warranty for a good price. Just seein what peoples experience has been good and bad. Thanks

I have a good friend whose wife drives a Yukon XL with that engine in it.

He told me recently they really like it. Great mileage and plenty of power.

That is the only person I know who has one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2023 with 5500 miles and love it. I think it’s a different motor. Averaging 24 mpg.

Comment

I have a good friend that has one and has nothing but good things to say about it.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter15 View Post
          Lookin at buyin a 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 with the 3 liter diesel. Any reviews or first hand experience is much appreciated. Has 31,000 miles on it with 7 year 100,000 power train warranty for a good price. Just seein what peoples experience has been good and bad. Thanks
          They revamped this motor in the 23’s for a reason !

Comment

Looking at getting one myself. Anybody have a good dealership they worked with around the Houston area?

Comment

I’ve got a 2020 and really like it. It’s got plenty of power, and drives really nice. I pull a trailer with it frequently, either utility trailer with a golf cart or a skiff. When I trailer the skiff to the coast I usually get over 21mpg. Without a trailer I frequently get over 28mpg. I will tell you that if you go much over 75 your mileage will suffer a bit. I have no complaints about this truck.

Comment

I'm following because I was looking at these also. I did read the 3.0L can't tow as much as the 5.3L gas. Kinda lost interest after that. The special Dexos oil & DEF are about to push me to the gas engine. I really want the small Duramax but I still can't convince myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
                  I'm following because I was looking at these also. I did read the 3.0L can't tow as much as the 5.3L gas. Kinda lost interest after that. The special Dexos oil & DEF are about to push me to the gas engine. I really want the small Duramax but I still can't convince myself.
                  How much do you need to tow?

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
                    How much do you need to tow?
                    As much as a half ton can. Trying to get out of the 3/4 ton business.

13,400 gas vs 9,300 diesel.

Last edited by Monark; 01-03-2023, 06:58 PM.

Comment

I had a 5.0 ford before my duramax, I never tow over 10,000 with my 1/2 tons. I also have ram dually for big hauls.

Comment

https://www.fenderchevy.com/3l-duram...-3l-v8-engine/

I have not seen anyone really complain about the towing power of the engine, but the rear end sags with a big load. Most who tow heavy add helper springs or airbags and heavy ply tires and are very happy. The 2023 with the max tow package comes with a 3.73 rear end and has about 13,000 pound tow rating.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                          I have not seen anyone really complain about the towing power of the engine, but the rear end sags with a big load. Most who tow heavy add helper springs or airbags and heavy ply tires and are very happy. The 2023 with the max tow package comes with a 3.73 rear end and has about 13,000 pound tow rating.
                          Thanks. I did not know this about the 2023's.

Comment

https://www.fenderchevy.com/3l-duram...-3l-v8-engine/
                            I would absolutely despise towing 9K with a 5.3 much less 13,400. That’s a gutless engine if there ever was one.

Comment

Even though a max tow is rated for about 13,000 pounds, depending on how the truck is equipped, I wouldn't tow over about 9,000 to 10,000 after upgrading the suspension and tires. If you need to tow 13,000 just get a 3/4 ton.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X