Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salty H20 2023 Thread- How Salty Will You Get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    Slayr- Glad you are on the reds. I can’t find a redfish bite here. Trout have been solid and I’m hoping this weather gets the reds fired up
    Thanks, Glen. They aren’t near as thick as they were a couple of weeks ago, I’m thinking these higher tides have them pushed further back than I’m fishing…at least over here.

These things are like women, I will never completely understand them lol.

Comment

We got into the Reds pretty good in POC last weekend. Had back to back Soft Dine XL's get destroyed. The best was a 25" hoss, we caught a lot of smaller slot fish 21" to 23". A few keeper trout here & there also.
      Hoping this 1st front really kicks them off this weekend, headed back down Friday to fish with our Softball team ( annual trip )

Comment

Today was interesting, water was crazy high, finally found some schooled up reds and there were trout mixed in with them…so crazy.

Comment

Hit camp this afternoon, went out looking for dove now but they're too scattered. Tides are HIGH and it's pretty windy but water clarity looks good so if it holds I may take the boat out to look for some flounder this evening.

Comment

Got out this afternoon for an hour or so with the wife. She hooked up a couple on tails but couldn’t ever get them in. I landed a trout, redfish and hard head on tops. Knew we were hitting the tail end of the bite, but it’s better than sitting at the house and looking at the fishing hole on a pretty evening. Had a good time and will hit it again tomorrow afternoon…looks like a much better bite.

Kinda nice with the wife…she gets the boat for me.
            Attached Files

Comment

Well after years of debating.... I finally did it. I've always wanted a place on the Salt and couldn't pass this place up on Caney Creek in Sargent. 5 lots waterfront
              ..We have big plans for the place. Y'all keep posting pics.... I've been busy doing the 4 letter word ( work) . Counting down the days to get back on the Salt.​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20231002-WA0023.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	26601923 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20231002-WA0025.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	453.3 KB
ID:	26601924 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20231002-WA0023.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	26601931 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20231002-WA0025.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	453.3 KB
ID:	26601932 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20231002-WA0022.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	26601925 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20231002-WA0027.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	440.4 KB
ID:	26601926 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20231002-WA0028.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	353.9 KB
ID:	26601927 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231002_172315_Facebook.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	26601928 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20231002-WA0020.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	26601930 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20231002-WA0027.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	440.4 KB
ID:	26601933
              Attached Files

Comment

Good, that'll keep you out of West Matagorda!
                Congrats, that looks freaking fantastic!

My **** flounder light didn't work tonight, found two with my headlamp but just too difficult to judge the size so it's back to camp to drink beer.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  Good, that'll keep you out of West Matagorda!
                  Congrats, that looks freaking fantastic!

My **** flounder light didn't work tonight, found two with my headlamp but just too difficult to judge the size so it's back to camp to drink beer.
                  Hell nor high water will keep me out of WMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

Dammit!

Comment

you got one of them right now. Well maybe both, work and high tides!!

Weather or not Im ready for this weekend. Lots of fond memories of october fishing and I havent done it in years!!

Comment

Well after years of debating.... I finally did it. I've always wanted a place on the Salt and couldn't pass this place up on Caney Creek in Sargent. 5 lots waterfront
                        ..We have big plans for the place. Y'all keep posting pics.... I've been busy doing the 4 letter word ( work) . Counting down the days to get back on the Salt.
                        Congratulations Shane!!! That is awesome! I’m excited to see what y’all do with it! Looks like beautiful property!!
                        What the heck you gonna do with that dang pontoon party barge?!?!
                        You keeping your T-Bend place too?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

Congratulations Shane!!! That is awesome! I’m excited to see what y’all do with it! Looks like beautiful property!!
                          What the heck you gonna do with that dang pontoon party barge?!?!
                          You keeping your T-Bend place too?
                          Oh for sure he has places north,south east and west

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

you got one of them right now. Well maybe both, work and high tides!!

Weather or not Im ready for this weekend. Lots of fond memories of october fishing and I havent done it in years!!
                            Looks like Saturday is gonna be a little sporty.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post

Looks like Saturday is gonna be a little sporty.
                              With as high as the tides are there should be a place to hide to catch mud donkey reds

Comment

We did really good on reds 2 Fridays ago. 2 man limit of 24-26” fish. All on top water the fed heavily until about 1:30.

headed south tomorrow when we get back from filling feeders. Weather looks a little spotty but we are fishing with Jay Watkins again on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X