The WAAAAY to Early Christmas Snow & Cold Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admittedly this is premature, but I’ve been watching a trend change in the weather that looks to dump some decently cold air beginning a week from today and keep the cold in place for about a week.

Influential teleconnection have been trending negative, which can lead to a the jet stream dipping south and steering cold air south. That pattern transition gave us the temperate but wet/rainy trend we have seen the past few week. And looks poised to dump some cold air beginning for the TX panhandle next Saturday and lasting through Christmas.

The below temp and precip forecasts are for 12/26

Click image for larger version

Name:	43E34634-91BC-4173-81F6-A97728EC5C02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	25300597

Click image for larger version

Name:	BA75EBBE-D0ED-47C8-9C97-A98BCF5E9648.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	25300598

I wouldn’t change travel plans, but keep an eye on forecasts as we get closer. This model run shows temps in the 30’s for me for well over a week. The reality is we will likely see some reprieve, with slight warmups between cold intrusions.
    But it does look like the conditions are in place for decent cold and maybe some snow.

This “feels” like a warmer scenario similar to the arctic outbreak we saw in Feb 2011 or 2012 where we had a big 1050mb high pressure slide down the Rockies into Texas.

Bring it!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
      Bring it!
      X2

Comment

Hell I was swatting mosquitoes yesterday evening in Comal County. I say bring it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          Admittedly this is premature, but I’ve been watching a trend change in the weather that looks to dump some decently cold air beginning a week from today and keep the cold in place for about a week.

Influential teleconnection have been trending negative, which can lead to a the jet stream dipping south and steering cold air south. That pattern transition gave us the temperate but wet/rainy trend we have seen the past few week. And looks poised to dump some cold air beginning for the TX panhandle next Saturday and lasting through Christmas.

The below temp and precip forecasts are for 12/26

[ATTACH]1112439[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1112440[/ATTACH]

I wouldn’t change travel plans, but keep an eye on forecasts as we get closer. This model run shows temps in the 30’s for me for well over a week. The reality is we will likely see some reprieve, with slight warmups between cold intrusions.
          But it does look like the conditions are in place for decent cold and maybe some snow.

This “feels” like a warmer scenario similar to the arctic outbreak we saw in Feb 2011 or 2012 where we had a big 1050mb high pressure slide down the Rockies into Texas.

Reprieve with the slight warmups? Hell the cold weather is the reprieve in Texas …. Bring it on!

Comment

Hell i hope so, I want to actually hunt in the cold and test my diesel heater in the camper

Comment

Sweet!! Just in time for deer season!!!

Oh wait

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope you’re right! Ready for some cold!

Comment

Love this. Hope it verifies

Comment

Shoot yea!! Thanks for sharing those models, it’s always appreciated.

Comment

I'm flying to Bozeman Wednesday to drive home with my son. Not looking forward to the blizzard set up they're showing in the upper Midwest. Just hope Wyoming gets I-25 plowed.

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
                        I'm flying to Bozeman Wednesday to drive home with my son. Not looking forward to the blizzard set up they're showing in the upper Midwest. Just hope Wyoming gets I-25 plowed.
                        It is not the amount of snow we get up here in Wyoming that wreaks havoc, it is the wind. Supposed to start snowing tonight through Wednesday. If the wind picks up, which is highly likely post storm, then I-25 could definitely close in places.
                        Good luck on your road trip with your son.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Please Lord!!!

Comment

Thanks Playa, keeping on eye on this one!

Comment

It’s about time. The leaves just recently turned a started dropping at my place. It would be nice to have a cold Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X