No announcement yet.

Home Wi-Fi Mesh Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google is what I went with years ago and have been more than happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Looks like they’ve changed up the naming a little since I installed mine.

There are now routers and extenders.

This should work for you.

Amazon eero 6 mesh Wi-Fi system | Supports speeds up to 500 mbps | Connect to Alexa | Coverage up to 4,500 sq. ft. | 3-pack, one router + two extenders, 2020 release https://a.co/d/g6wW54g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have the DECO and have been plenty happy with it.

Comment

I don't think you'll find anything better than the Ubiquiti Dream router with access points.

Comment

anything that utilizes 802.11 AX

Comment

I have the deco system and can live stream tv in my metal shop. Im on a little over an acre and get good signal pretty much everywhere, of course i have never checked by the mail box...

Comment

Eero's are pretty good. If it's not too late(not sure if your house is foamed), I would recommend running a line to the exterior of your house, possibly back yard side and hardwire a Eero puck. That way nothing will interfere with the signal.

Comment

Eeros are good, and work fine, albeit they dont have the same speed as some others. We have it in our vacation home in Ruidoso.

The Orbi is what we have at home. It is much, much faster. Both Wifi 6, but it pushes lots more speed through. I will also have to give the nod on range to the Orbi. Live on 1.5 acres at home and have wifi at every corner of the property.

Comment

Meraki is another good option. Can't speak for their home "Go" stuff, but I imagine it's based on same hardware as their enterprise level (which is fantastic). They also support wifi 6 standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney Tatonka View Post
                      Eeros are good, and work fine, albeit they dont have the same speed as some others. We have it in our vacation home in Ruidoso.

The Orbi is what we have at home. It is much, much faster. Both Wifi 6, but it pushes lots more speed through. I will also have to give the nod on range to the Orbi. Live on 1.5 acres at home and have wifi at every corner of the property.

Is this what you have? I’m on an acre & 1/2, but can’t get signal in my shop, which is 30’ from the house.

Limited-time deal: NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6 System (RBK653) – Router with 2 Satellite Extenders, Coverage Up to 6,000 Square Feet, 40 Devices, AX3000 (Up to 3Gbps) https://a.co/d/4gbeASt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Eero house here. A few reboots over the last 3 years, but overall it works great. Our house is 2 stories and 4500+ sq ft.

Comment

Working...
                        X