No announcement yet.

Colonoscopy time/ shatty outlook on life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had three. Last one about two weeks ago. They claim to find a tiny benign polyp each time, so I can't do the stool sample tests. Good thing is, I'm good for another 5 years. I did the generic SupPrep this time. It didn't taste good at ALL. And was harsher on my stomach than any of the previous ones. I might ask about the the pills next time...

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
      You Guys scare me with all this stuff. Going in 1/5/22 to get set up. Did I say I hate doctor's and my Bride is a Nurse. Lol
      I don't mind doctors too bad, but dentists terrify me. Even though I haven't had one hurt me in a long time, when I was about 9-10 years old I had one drill into a cavity and fill it without any anesthetic at all. Pain was so intense I started puking, and nearly suffocated on my own vomit with a rubber block in my mouth....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        The thing is… if the doctor gets in there and it’s not as clean as he needs it, (even though your “expertise” sees clear [emoji23]) he pulls out the scope and you have to reschedule another time….meaning start the whole prep process all over as well. Plus most insurance only pays for one monitoring scope a year. Second one comes out of your pocket if your insurance is like most. The medical center isn’t going to give you a do-over on the bill. I took the second bottle for really cheap insurance (since I already paid for it ) and didn’t want to start again. Something to think about.

We were told to eat/drink clear liquids and broth and no drinks with red or purple dye.
        Man it sounds like ders too many prep choices. What's dat grape stuff called you drank?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
          Did you drink the second dose? Told wife that if I’m putting out clear liquid I’m not taking the second dose
          You’ll regret that if you’re not Dr clean. Seeing clear doesn’t mean you’re clean. Just suck it up and follow the directions or you’ll be rescheduling one on your dime probably.

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
            You Guys scare me with all this stuff. Going in 1/5/22 to get set up. Did I say I hate doctor's and my Bride is a Nurse. Lol

Piece of cake man… just prepare yourself for some toilet time and it will be over before you know it. The peace of mind afterwards makes it worth it.
            Last edited by Smart; 12-05-2022, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
              Man it sounds like ders too many prep choices. What's dat grape stuff called you drank?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Post 5. Suprep. Pour it in the provided cup shown then fill to red line with cold water … 16 oz . Drink it down….. and wait.[emoji2957]. Don’t trust a fart!

Last edited by Smart; 12-05-2022, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I don’t really remember mine too well. Might have slipped me a roofie.
                I drank the drank. When I woke up, the Doc swings by, winks at me and said your good to go, see ya in 5 big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
                  I don’t really remember mine too well. Might have slipped me a roofie.
                  I drank the drank. When I woke up, the Doc swings by, winks at me and said your good to go, see ya in 5 big boy.

Hah! Very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                    Ask for the pills next time. Much easier going down. The same result coming out.
                    Yup...my prep for the scope I had a few months ago was just pills. Drink a boat load of water between all of them and things started percolating just fine!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      The thing is… if the doctor gets in there and it’s not as clean as he needs it, (even though your “expertise” sees clear [emoji23]) he pulls out the scope and you have to reschedule another time….meaning start the whole prep process all over as well. Plus most insurance only pays for one monitoring scope a year. Second one comes out of your pocket if your insurance is like most. The medical center isn’t going to give you a do-over on the bill. I took the second bottle for really cheap insurance (since I already paid for it ) and didn’t want to start again. Something to think about.

We were told to eat/drink clear liquids and broth and no drinks with red or purple dye.
                      Same here and I know your right. Gonna do my best hopefully without gagging.

Comment

Bruce...you will be fine. Just think of all the new friends you will meet!
                        After it is over check your butt out in a mirror to see if anyone left their phone number Good luck.
                        They gave me Miralax for mine. Took it with gatorade and away we went.
                        I was on the yearly scope plan because my first one was done at 57 and they found all kinds of stuff(9 polyps, some big), even a lost set of car keys. But my second one a few months ago showed my bowels didn't go condo again after the polyp removals. So now I am on the three year plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                          You’ll regret that if you’re not Dr clean. Seeing clear doesn’t mean you’re clean. Just suck it up and follow the directions or you’ll be rescheduling one on your dime probably.
                          Exactly what Smart said. I’ll do it. Last time I literally held my nose when I drank it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                            Bruce...you will be fine. Just think of all the new friends you will meet!
                            After it is over check your butt out in a mirror to see if anyone left their phone number Good luck.
                            They gave me Miralax for mine. Took it with gatorade and away we went.
                            I was on the yearly scope plan because my first one was done at 57 and they found all kinds of stuff(9 polyps, some big), even a lost set of car keys. But my second one a few months ago showed my bowels didn't go condo again after the polyp removals. So now I am on the three year plan.
                            Laughed out loud. That is funny as hail right there Pic. I’ll get thru it. Bitching is part of the process for me. One good thing is that a few other people are reading this and it’s moving them towards the procedure. And btw, i surprised you never saw my number!

Comment

Working...
                            X