No announcement yet.

Who hunts with no stabilizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tested without stabilizer in the yard and couldn’t tell a difference, so took it off and no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
      I was in a bow shop several years ago, and one of the sales people was telling me about how light the then-new carbon fiber bows were. So I asked him to see one. They had one all rigged out with about a three pound stabilizer on it....I am no expert on bows, but I don't see the point... That is a good place to mount a light or camera, and that's about it, as far as I am concerned...Maybe for target shooting only...
      Just a guess, but one of the reasons people go to carbon is so they can put the weight where it helps more... like the end of a stabilizer.

For shooting stuff at 20 yards in Texas it honestly probably doesn't make much since to get too crazy with stabilizers. You see it more out West for longer shots.

They help with stability, less movement, inertia, etc. I mean you don't see any pro's not using a front and back bar so you can't really argue it doesn't help. It's just a matter of what you are going to do.

When I'm ground blind hunting in Texas a lot of times, I'll just run a back bar down the front stabilizer hole towards the bottom cam to balance the bow out... I've just never understood why you wanted just a front bar. That just gives me more a tendency to dip or shoot low.

Comment

Stabilizers don’t make much of a difference unless you add a bunch of weight to them or get past 12”. I hunt with a 15” front bar with 4oz and an 8” back bar with 6oz on my Mathews. Haul it through the NF every year and I wouldn’t hunt without it.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
          Didn’t know a stabilizer could change paper tune!

If a little hand torque can change your bullet hole why can’t a bow that is balanced differently do the same?

Comment

Never have probably never will, paperweight for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas View Post
              If a little hand torque can change your bullet hole why can’t a bow that is balanced differently do the same?

Sounds like you got it figured out for the way you shoot and that’s all that really matters.
              If you have hand torque issues I would work on a better grip/form solution first. Still really has nothing to do with a stabilizer helping a bow with jacked up balance as you put it. Not sure what you’re referring to there but possibly if you shoot with a full quiver I could see that being a possible problem for balance and creating grip torque issues because of it.
              At least you care about it,a lot of folks don’t and not being tuned will show up with broadheads and longer distance shots enough to matter.

Did it change your paper tune without the stabilizer?

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post

Sounds like you got it figured out for the way you shoot and that’s all that really matters.
                If you have hand torque issues I would work on a better grip/form solution first. Still really has nothing to do with a stabilizer helping a bow with jacked up balance as you put it. Not sure what you’re referring to there but possibly if you shoot with a full quiver I could see that being a possible problem for balance and creating grip torque issues because of it.
                At least you care about it,a lot of folks don’t and not being tuned will show up with broadheads and longer distance shots enough to matter.

Did it change your paper tune without the stabilizer?

It didn’t actually so why use it? Just lightens the bow more… I’ll spend some time at the range this week

Comment

Working...
                X