• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
    he killed yotes. rats would be beneath him
    True

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
      But why didnt he start shooing them? Makes no sense....
      That was my thought. If there are that many coyotes, even if I had a dog like that, I would be popping as many coyotes as I could. Help your dog help you.

Comment

Dang!!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good boy

Comment

Good ol Great Pyrenees! Had several growing up and they were exceptionally good at guarding all the dang goats we had. Our male dog killed 3 yotes one night, and countless others over the years

Comment

Wow. That’s some incredible odds to beat. Awesome dog

Imo however the homeowner didn’t do enough. He left his dog alone all night knowing he was fighting a pack of coyotes. At the very least grab a gun and spotlight and go after them once they went into the woods. I would have tried to save my dog.

Comment

Wow definitely man’s best friend.

Comment

Ol Casper said I’ll be your Huckleberry

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Imo however the homeowner didn’t do enough. He left his dog alone all night knowing he was fighting a pack of coyotes. At the very least grab a gun and spotlight and go after them once they went into the woods. I would have tried to save my dog.
                    no doubt, 100%

Comment

Yawzah!! An 11 to 1, 30-minute running battle to the death.

What a ******!

Comment

Great Pyrenees dont quit.

One heck of a dog.

J

Comment

They are amazing dogs. We raise sheep and goats in the Hill Country. If it wasn’t for our livestock guard dogs that are Pyrenees/Anatolian mix dogs, we would not be able raise any livestock at all. Urban encroachment is forcing more predators out of their territory into rural areas. When you have 1000’s of acres being turned into subdivisions with increased human activity, the predators go where there is less pressure and a easy food supply. Our sheep, goats and calves are a prime food supply. Our guard dogs are the equalizer. It was mentioned about shooting the coyotes and helping the dog out. Ours are very gun shy and they would have quit killing the coyotes and gone into hiding. I’ve watched their protective instincts when they hear coyotes close by. Some will herd the sheep into a circle and the “warrior dogs”’ will go out to challenge the coyotes. They will whizz on every fence post in their pasture to mark their territory to warn any coyote that this is their territory and don’t come in. We hear coyotes all night around our pastures but the guard dogs tune up immediately and let them know they are on duty. They are friendly to people they know but leery of strangers. Great dogs with a loyalty to their flock or be it a family. We couldn’t be in the ranching business if it weren’t for them.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

100% agree. Fantastic dog rotten dog owner.

Comment

Wow
                              My Pyrenees cross protects our chickens. He will go crazy when a hawk flys by. Only problem he chases buzzards too! Any big birds flying overhead he thinks their after his chickens!
                              Great dogs

Comment

Working...
                              X