UGGGG Divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
    Thank God that's she's being civil thru all this. She's been calling my mom and stepmom to see if they can sway me to stay together. But I'm done. My attorney has it all drawn up and she's hopefully signing this week. I'm keeping my son and my toys.
    Good deal. Prayers it stays that way and your lawyer gets everything executed. As someone stated above, "Sometimes when people hit rock bottom and realize they are the main reason for the divorce, and are willing to admit their child will be better off with their other parent, they can be quite amenable to the terms proposed."

Comment

I haven't read every response and I've never got a divorce but I've heard horror stories from friends. Tomorrow close out all your credit cards and joint accounts. Keep any money you take out of accounts, she's entitled to 1/2 of it but you can be left hanging for credit cards and no matter how civil she's being right now it just takes one wild spending spree to screw you good.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        I haven't read every response and I've never got a divorce but I've heard horror stories from friends. Tomorrow close out all your credit cards and joint accounts. Keep any money you take out of accounts, she's entitled to 1/2 of it but you can be left hanging for credit cards and no matter how civil she's being right now it just takes one wild spending spree to screw you good.

That has to be done before you file . Can get in trouble if you do it once you file . Learned that the hard way .

Comment

I know this thread is old, but maybe my experience can offer a different perspective. A couple of years back, my wife and I were drowning in mutual resentment. For example, she'd get frustrated with me always being engrossed in work, and I felt she was spending too much without understanding our financial constraints. Small misunderstandings snowballed into huge fights. The last straw was when we went on a vacation to rekindle things, but ended up arguing throughout.

She then came across this diagnosis for couples therapy and pleaded for us to give it a shot. I was cynical, thinking, "How can talking to a stranger help?" But in our first session, the therapist pointed out patterns in our behavior I'd never noticed. Like, when I'd drown in work, it was often out of anxiety, which I never communicated. On her end, she felt unheard, which led to her making impulsive purchases as a form of relief.

The therapy sessions were our mirror, showing us not just our individual flaws but also the strength of our bond when we actually listened. Slowly, those sessions became our safe space. Instead of accusations, we began understanding. And surprisingly, love found its way back.
          Couples therapy is a form of psychotherapy focused on improving intimacy and resolving conflict within a romantic relationship.
          Last edited by golffor1; 04-10-2024, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Been happily married for 33 years. I know nothing of divorce other than reading about other peoples pain svcks. Inspiring post…….good on you and your wife

Comment

Old thread
              Last edited by DUKFVR; 08-28-2023, 09:17 PM.

Comment

True, but golf’s new post was still good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
                  concur

Comment

Originally posted by golffor1 View Post
                    I know this thread is old, but maybe my experience can offer a different perspective. A couple of years back, my wife and I were drowning in mutual resentment. For example, she'd get frustrated with me always being engrossed in work, and I felt she was spending too much without understanding our financial constraints. Small misunderstandings snowballed into huge fights. The last straw was when we went on a vacation to rekindle things, but ended up arguing throughout.

She then came across this diagnosis for couples therapy and pleaded for us to give it a shot. I was cynical, thinking, "How can talking to a stranger help?" But in our first session, the therapist pointed out patterns in our behavior I'd never noticed. Like, when I'd drown in work, it was often out of anxiety, which I never communicated. On her end, she felt unheard, which led to her making impulsive purchases as a form of relief.

The therapy sessions were our mirror, showing us not just our individual flaws but also the strength of our bond when we actually listened. Slowly, those sessions became our safe space. Instead of accusations, we began understanding. And surprisingly, love found its way back.​
                    Communication plays an important role in a successful marriage and, to this end, listening is a key part it.

I’m fairly plain spoken and try not to make my husband have to guess as to what I’m thinking. Every once in a while, though, he “forgets” to listen…just forgets. When this happens, I have to roll up a magazine and pop him on the snout to make my point. Works every time.

Comment

I've done this before, get a lawyer!

Comment

Don’t worry about the toys or other material things. Get a lawyer and while she is agreeing get the kid taken care of. After that I would agree to about everything as far as material things - it’s just stuff in the end. I would tell your wife you think it is best that the two of you go to a lawyer together and do the paperwork. Try to keep it uncontested- If she wants something give it to her- Even if the property split is off balance who cares in the end.

Comment

You need an attorney.

Comment

Last edited by Graysonhogs; 08-29-2023, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Freestyle - You doing ok? Did it all work out?

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
                                It is bot spam.

edit: Just saw he joined in 2019. Looks like I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X