Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Seattle must do's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got back home last night. Not a huge fan of the city, but I'm not a fan of any big city. We tried several of the recomendations on this post. Pike place market was OK. Saw them throw the fish, saw the gum wall, the original starbucks that had a line at least an hour long to get in. The market is just a big tourist trap but was pretty neat. Not impressed with top pot donuts. They were just donuts. Had a very good bagel at rubensteins. Took a drive out of the city one day and went to Snoqualmie falls. It was very pretty up there. They had about 8-10 inches of snow up there which a local said made the falls look even better. This was my favorite thing we did. I liked the way they have the baseball and football stadiums right next to each other with the city skyline in the back ground. Everything was over priced. Gas was $4.98 a gallon and a 12 pack of beer was $18. Had a $22 dollar burger!

The homeless situation was not as bad as I expected from the original responses. I did see a lot of homeless camps, but most were not on the side walks. They had tents set up around town. There were quite a few old campers trailers and motorhomes parked permanently on the side of streets with homeless living in them. There was more graffiti than I have see anywhere. Every thing imaginable had been tagged.

I was pretty disappointed at the first game we went to. All the teams had gone to some local elementary schools the day before the tournament started to visit with the kids. Those school came to the games on Thursday. Before the first game during the national anthem, the kids were mostly all sitting the talking during the anthem. There were a couple of people who I assume were teachers sitting with them and not paying attention. 2 of them didn't even bother to remove there caps. One of the tournamnet workers tried to get the teachers and kids to stand and be quiet but she was ingnored.

On a good note, WT won the national title Saturday evening.

Comment

Maybe you had a bad donut day

Congrats on the win!!

Comment

Slap a libtard upside the head.

Comment

Working...
        X