Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Moving gun safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving gun safe

My dad bought a new gun safe. He says it is 500-600 pounds. He wanted me and my boys to pick it up and deliver it. Is that a good idea or are we going to get hurt.

I assume we should pick it up in the stock trailer so it is closer to the ground than the truck bed.

Thoughts?

Sounds easier than a pickup bed. Appliance dolly is a good option

Comment

I laid mine on its back in the Truck. It worked out pretty will.

Comment

Get the lifting straps. They make it a lot easier

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
          My dad bought a new gun safe. He says it is 500-600 pounds. He wanted me and my boys to pick it up and deliver it. Is that a good idea or are we going to get hurt.

I assume we should pick it up in the stock trailer so it is closer to the ground than the truck bed.

Thoughts?
          I bought one about this size 2 years ago, rented an appliance dolly and me and one guy moved it up stairs and into our house. It was a booger and someone could have easily gotten hurt. I got a quote before hand from a moving company and they wanted $900 just to move it from my trailer into the house.

Comment

Appliance dolly, lay it on it's back, all good.

Comment

didnt move it up any stairs but just moved one a few weeks back with no problem. we cut 5 or 6 pieces of 2" PVC and just rolled it where we wanted

Comment

Did two that got delivered via freight and on pallets. Pallet jack and a fiberglass furniture dolly

Comment

I’m no expert but was told to never lay a fire rated safe over. The boards can collapse under their own weight and ruin the safe according to the safe man

Comment

Pay $250 to have a safe mover do it and save yourself $250,000 and a lifetime of pain

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post

Thoughts?

Call Brant at DFW Safe Delivery. It will save you time and frustration. They can take a safe off the truck, in to the house and mount to the slab in about 20 minutes. Experience and the right equipment pay off big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                        Pay $250 to have a safe mover do it and save yourself $250,000 and a lifetime of pain

This here.

More importantly, moving a safe incorrectly, jostling it, or Heaven forbid, dropping it will render it useless. Not worth taking a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post

This

Comment

Can you move a safe that size? Yes. Should you? No. Hire a professional safe mover. It will be money well spent.

Comment

I bought a safe a couple of years ago. Brother and I moved it from truck into the house. Oh man, be careful. If you're going to do it. Make sure you have an a good appliance dolly if you go that route. Minimum 4 people. I was lucky I didn't get hurt. Step saved my leg from being crushed. Used an appliance dolly. If I ever have to move it out of the house I will definitely be paying a professional.

Comment

Working...
                              X