No announcement yet.

Why do we lie to our kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of all the other sh*t we should be worried about with our kids today and this is what is being debated….

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
      Probably because it wasn't your ox being gored.
      You are correct!

Comment

I remember at 7 or so figuring out that Santa wasn't real and being devastated id been lied too.
        Never wanted to lie to my kids but my wife was dead set that there had to be a Santa claus. My son told her at 5 it had to be fake and he didn't believe, wife was heart broken.
        In short I don't believe it benefits children.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
          But... but.... but... but what about Easter?!

LOL, you mean that Rabbit has nothing to do with Jesus. For those curious the Christian borrow another Pagan holiday. The spring equinox was celebrated by Pagans to recognize the beginning of spring, praying to their gods of fertility, and many others. (Hints Rabbits and Eggs represent new life) They don't say loving like rabbits for no reason. Again Christians intermixing the traditions to get more converts.

I have no opinion on the matter but I do find it interesting.

Comment

No one is taking his opinion away. They have their opinion and the OP has his. Neither one precludes the other. Since he is probably in the minority, the vast number of different opinions could be misconstrued as dog piling. Just my take.
            Won't matter one way or another. Most kids over 5 know it's not real, because there is always that one kid who likes to tell all the other kids he's not real. Hell, I'd pretend to believe in Santa if I got presents....
            Technically no opinions preclude another but posters sure were rude and tried to make him go away for his opinion. Many took this personal instead of simply offering their opinion.

I don't think it really matters either FTR

Comment

Me either. Both my kids are smarter than me so they figured it out before I figured out that they’d figured it out. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Still here. Few things have changed however... After several life events, including burying my only son, I have decided to stand for Christ no matter what. Believing in Santa Claus has zippo with defending Christ. It's a family, national and even a world tradition. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I can love someone strongly and disagree with them, even not "like" them. It's not hard to do with the mindset of Christ. To have someone pass judgement on parents/grandparents/families because they choose to celebrate Christmas by including family traditions is ludicrous and I called it out. The subject is as old as Santa Claus... It gets brought up every year and has NEVER been resolved and will NEVER be resolved. THAT's why I suggested to take it to the PACE forum.
                I hope you have a great Christmas Season however you choose to celebrate it.
                Show me where judgement was passed? I asked a question with an honest heart expected adult dialogue. Really my question was about lying, not so much Santa Claus.

Santa Claus is a lie. It's a lie we tell to kids every year. Lying is a sin, the bible is pretty clear on that.

I'm not telling anybody what they should do in their household or how they should parent.

I don't know about other people, but I hate lying in any way, shape or form. I don't like small lies, I don't like big lies, I don't like half truths, I don't like stretching the truth.

Lying is an epidemic now, so much so that we don't even notice when we lie. But somehow its seems to be okay as long as it's in the "Christmas spirit" or when we want to prevent hurt feelings. Someone point out to me in scripture where lying was acceptable to God? I really want to know.

I enjoyed every single Christmas I had as a child even after I knew that Santa wasn't real. I just don't see the point in lying to my children about Santa Claus.

People will come up with every way possible to justify sin now. We categorize sin and make it seem likes it's nothing. But some day we're all going to have to account for our actions here.
                Last edited by andre3k; 11-17-2022, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I feel bad for some of yalls kids. WTAF.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                    Show me where judgement was passed? I asked a question with an honest heart expected adult dialogue. Really my question was about lying, not so much Santa Claus.

Santa Claus is a lie. It's a lie we tell to kids every year. Lying is a sin, the bible is pretty clear on that.

I'm not telling anybody what they should do in their household or how they should parent.

I don't know about other people, but I hate lying in any way, shape or form. I don't like small lies, I don't like big lies, I don't like half truths, I don't like stretching the truth.

Lying is an epidemic now, so much so that we don't even notice when we lie. But somehow its seems to be okay as long as it's in the "Christmas spirit" or when we want to prevent hurt feelings. Someone point out to me in scripture where lying was acceptable to God? I really want to know.

I enjoyed every single Christmas I had as a child even after I knew that Santa wasn't real. I just don't see the point in lying to my children about Santa Claus.

People will come up with every way possible to justify sin now. We categorize sin and make it seem likes it's nothing. But some day we're all going to have to account for our actions here.

What about lies people tell themselves in the form of denial?

Comment

I guess I'll burn
                      Attached Files

Comment

Calm down Jon.
                        Cool as a cucumber! Just shamelessly padding my post count.

Comment

Can't wait until Billy Bob Thornton arrives in Hell.

BBT: What was it that sent me here devil? The drinking? Smoking? Fornicating?

Devil: *Turns on clip of Bad Santa*

Comment

"Show me where judgement was passed".....proceeds to pass judgment

Comment

He just got his Bible brown belt cut him some slack.

Comment

I agree with you, sir. Your original post was simply a question wrapped up in philosophical thoughts, not a statement of judgment. You mention that lies have become pervasive in today’s society. Based on some of the responses you’ve received, I would posit that defensiveness is also as pervasive and that combativeness—just for the sake of being combative—is the trend. It’s a poor reflection on how we, as a society, have evolved, that we can’t have a thoughtful and respectful debate without getting petty and personal.

That said, although the Bible instructs us “not to bear false witness,” I don’t believe that, in the spirit of this statement, that lying is forbidden absolutely. What if telling the absolute, unvarnished truth serves no other purpose than to bring pain to someone. For example, I see no harm in telling the mother of a son who died in combat while he was in the loo, that her son died heroically, if she asks. Or, if he was not well liked, what purpose does it serve to tell her that? Or, let’s say one person in a marriage made a tragic mistake and, years ago, cheated on the other, though it never happened again? What purpose would it serve to confess this to the spouse and ruin his/her perception of his/her world?

No, I believe the elevated and enlightened individual knows the difference between integrity and compassion, and when to apply each one. The person who always tells the absolute truth is like a bull in a china closet, stumbling through life while creating havoc while everything crashes around him.

And, no, those jeans don’t make your a** look fat at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X