No announcement yet.

2022 Kansas Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully thats supposed to be Tagged out! If so a huge congrats. I know you were grinding.

Comment

In for the pics!

Comment

I’m in for the pics! Go get warm and let’s see the pics

Comment

Your urgency in pics & details isn't working out for me......

Congrats!

Comment

Let's see if I can recap this one.
            On stand at 550 am. Cold with clouds and a slight SW breeze. Temp was 25 with a wind chill of 19.
            Daylight broke and the woods were quite. About 730 a lone doe eased in from my south heading north. Nothing following which was weird. About 815 to the east of me across the property boundary was monster 8. He had everything you want, tall, heavy, wide, and old. He was moving towards me and stopped. Checked the wind, looked left then right. Nose to the ground He turns right, north, on the same trail as the lone doe. My heart sank. I know I had a tag in my pocket that would look great on him. That didnt happen.
            I sit back,gather my thoughts and keep scanning the woods. About 850 what looks to be an 8 is working south. He gets to the property boundry, stops and turns right. I watch as he heads east. Then I see him turn, SOUTH. He crosses the fence and is easing through the timber. I scan ahead and see one small opening. He gets to it, ibleat, he stops and I cut the shot. 34 yds and it smashes him. I watch him launch South really fast. Check the time and it was 855. I then mark the spot and start the wait.
            930 rolls around and I start easing to the impact spot. NOTHING. No hair, blood, arrow, nothing. I do see his trail and kicked up leaves and mud. I move to the side of the trail and ease along. 50 yards down the trail I see him. The only blood I found was within 10 yds of him.
            I walk up and cannot believe the size of his body, HUGE. His rack doesn't mat h his body size.
            17.5 inches wide, crab claw on his right beam, and a kicker off his left base. All in 10 scoreable points.
            236 lbs on the hoof, 180 dressed.
            I am relieved to be tagged out for the first time in 6 years in Kansas

Thanks for following along on this 2022 Kansas Live Hunt. For those that haven't experienced it, you really need to. This places is amazing

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats on an awesome deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Awesome buck. Congrats

Comment

Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Atta boy!
                        Can't believe no blood with that low hit. But 50 yds, who cares?
                        Thanks for dragging us along!

Comment

Congrats man, way to stick with it. Out of curiosity what broadhead?

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                            Atta boy!
                            Can't believe no blood with that low hit. But 50 yds, who cares?
                            Thanks for dragging us along!
                            I couldn't believe it either. I was starting to question the shot, but I knew it was good

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                              Congrats man, way to stick with it. Out of curiosity what broadhead?
                              Spitfire. They do dome damage internally.

Comment

Heck of a deal, congrats on a really nice buck !!

Comment

Working...
                                X