Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
    The five phases of a TBH GW thread:

1. Thread begins with a GW interaction and OP observation and/or question. Responders make comments, typically casual and without malice. Often times with additional clarification questions. Someone says something positive about GWs.
    2. Initial pushback and musings about rights. PACE guys discover thread. Light GW bashing commerces. TBH LEO guys weigh in on defense of GW.
    3. Past GW interaction stories first appear. Thread builds momentum and steam. PACE guys as well as other TBH members express deep feelings on rights.
    4. Copy/Paste state laws and regulations. Cooler searches. Tips and suggestions on keeping GW out of your camp. Pro LEO guys bail from thread.
    5. Fired up participants mince words from copy/paste laws from Phase 4, additional bad GW stories from late comers to thread, Chris Fried incident is dredged up, thread reaches peak and then dies by next afternoon.
    Dead on exact.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      You forgot the second hand GW bashing. You know, from They Said and I Heard, the two biggest liars in the world.
      That’s at tail end of phase 3 and continues on into phase 4. It also coincides with the declaration of “I would not have let him done that” and the “here’s how I would’ve handled its”.

Funny…. Thanks for the compliments composing that kept me in my stand 35 minutes longer this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
        Shoot a deer and use wifes tag???? Hmmmm….
        Feather the drag on this one…….

Comment

decided to transition into a game warden law enforcement mode” in the moments before he was shot....

Trans rights! Why buy a license? Just Trans from a hog hunter to a deer hunter and back. They will never know.

Comment

Good grief! Why make it hard for GW’s to do their job?

Some of y’all remind me of the thugs who won’t comply with LEO’s demands because their “rights” are being violated.it’s not easy being a cop these days. Why make it more difficult?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              Good grief! Why make it hard for GW’s to do their job?

Some of y’all remind me of the thugs who won’t comply with LEO’s demands because their “rights” are being violated.it’s not easy being a cop these days. Why make it more difficult?
              Are you being serious?

You wouldn't mind being in town eating and looking out the window at a GW looking through your ice chest?

I have zero problems with LEO/GW except when they try to find someone doing something illegal when there's zero probable cause.
              Why?
              Because we ALL break the law every day. laws are far too complex these days. Proof? Sure - Why did it take months after Kyle R shooting for experts to figure out if he broke any laws? Extreme example but you see it all the time.

Try owning and operating a fishing boat. I promise there are far more things they can check than you'd ever imagine IF they really want to give you a ticket.

A GW hears a gunshot opening morning and sees me with a deer and wants to see license is totally fine. Same with fishing. See me fishing and sure he's my info. But to assume I'm doing illegal crap after I show my license is flat out BS.

Would you be ok with a LEO pulling you over for going 1 mph over and then after giving you a warning for speeding searching your car? Why not, just help the LEO out, right?

Comment

We gotta live one……I hope he don’t burn out the drag…….

Comment

If the GWs acted like 99% of other law enforcement interactions with your every day citizens they would get the respect they deserved in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                    If the GWs acted like 99% of other law enforcement interactions with your every day citizens they would get the respect they deserved in most cases.
                    Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by Evolver View Post
                      That might be hard to enforce when there is still a whole lot of TX where some of us are hunting without cell service. Not to mention creating a legal requirement to own / be in possession of a cell phone in order to hunt.
                      Can be impossible on parts of my place right outside of town in Grayson county.....plus alot of my friends still have flip phones.....that being said lost me at tagged the deer.......
                      Last edited by friscopaint; 11-07-2022, 05:29 PM.

Comment

What B.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                          take a screen shot of your license off your app - you don't need cell service to pull up a picture on your phone to show the GW
                          And when your battery dies, as often happens in low signal areas?

Comment

They should know if you have a license are not everything is on computer now in there trucks !! And I’m sure they really know you have a license if you got digital license!

Comment

Are all cops good and follow the law? No they don't but I still respect them at all times. There are always gonna be sorry individuals no matter what the profession is. I have had game wardens come in our camp and open coolers after we said we didn't kill anything that weekend. We had nothing to hide so we didn't make a big deal about it. I had a friend go to a processer to drop off his deer. While he was inside a game warden climbed into the back of his truck and was in his cooler when he came back out. Was it right? No but he didn't get confrontational either with him. Showed him what he wanted and he went on his way.

Comment

I signed up for digital license and after seeing everything and thinking about this same thing I called and had a paper copy sent to me.

There is too much that can go wrong will cell phones and apps and every thing else. I don't need a gw hassling me over it. When I gill out a tag and it's on the deer I'm good.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X