Dang near ruined a brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    13 hour smoke is entirely too long. No wonder its so dry and burnt.
    You should be done smoking in 4 hours. It dont take that long.

Keep the fat up. Fat down defeats the fat purpose.
    False

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
      13 hour smoke is entirely too long. No wonder its so dry and burnt.
      You should be done smoking in 4 hours. It dont take that long.

Keep the fat up. Fat down defeats the fat purpose.
      This has to be a joke.

Comment

Check out the "4-2-10" method that's been put out on a couple of videos here recently. Anyone else tried it? I have done it a few times with some temperature (instead of time) modifications and have been very satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
          I use a Meater+ so I can track the ambient and internal temps and see spikes. I use a BGE but have had luck with a large aluminum pan on the diffuser to catch drippings and avoid flame ups. Maybe give that a thought on the next one. Anything over 11-12# overhangs the diffuser and can get burnt up on mine.
          I think this is the answer.

Comment

Also…

The tough bits did not go to waste.
            I simmered them in beef stock for a couple hours then threw in some rice and peas and had a really tasty soup.

Comment

If you're feelin funky you can get some mean barracho beans going in that aluminum pan too! Can impact the cook a bit but win win

ac

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
                Umm….huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I think he was saying to wrap it after four hours as it should have a really good smoke ring after that point. I don't think he was saying the brisket is done after four hours. Just depends on how much smoke flavor you want.

Comment

Originally posted by JDH875 View Post
                  I think he was saying to wrap it after four hours as it should have a really good smoke ring after that point. I don't think he was saying the brisket is done after four hours. Just depends on how much smoke flavor you want.

Depends on the size of a brisket. Either way the ring is cosmetic....the bark/flavor needs more than 4 hours to set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Depends on the size of a brisket. Either way the ring is cosmetic....the bark/flavor needs more than 4 hours to set up.
                    Also needs a long time at low temp to get good and tender.

( Except this time obviously. )

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Yes and
                      “ the heat of the meat, is proportional to the angle of the dangle “

Comment

Working...
                      X