The Outpost - Taxidermy- moved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post

I have been in the business for almost 30 years now and have done the math for a few of my other taxidermist friends and it's shocking. The form, eyes, ears plus shipping is about $100. Tanning plus shipping out and back is also close to $100. Labor 8 hours total at $50/hour is $400. Overhead(heat, light, insurance, misc shop supplies) 15% of total cost. Right now you are at $600 plus 15% is $90 to you are at $690 to break even. Most taxidermists miss adding PROFIT and think their wages are the profit. They are wrong! Profit should be 30% of the total cost so $690x.30=$207. Total cost to mount a deer should be $897.00 to be profitable.
    A 30% profit margin is WELL above normal for any business. If you are getting that then you are way better off than most.
    10% is considered a healthy margin with 20% being outstanding!! The average is 7-8%.

Comment

Originally posted by PondPopper View Post

A 30% profit margin is WELL above normal for any business. If you are getting that then you are way better off than most.
      10% is considered a healthy margin with 20% being outstanding!! The average is 7-8%.
      Uh, not it’s not.

Comment

Still waiting for my mounts….

Comment

Working...
        X