Do you agree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
    My father always told me when he shook a man's hand he was putting HIS father's name and reputation on the line and no way he would ever tarnish it. I've always tried to have the same respect for his.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Being a member of the GOF CLUB, this is how I was raised.
    Later on in life, I went a little further with it and now I put my Heavenly Father on the line when I promise to do something. He sees it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
      Being a member of the GOF CLUB, this is how I was raised.
      Later on in life, I went a little further with it and now I put my Heavenly Father on the line when I promise to do something. He sees it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Very good point. One I'll remember!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm an old phart. Back off of the grip a little please. Thank you.

Comment

I agree and neither removed their hats...maybe not the correct pic for the rant I am just kidding for full clarity...

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
            Mine means something to me, If I shake your hand and tell you I'll do something then I'll do it and If I don't I'll come back and tell you why I didn't.
            This!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
              Wait. We still shake hands after Covid? I thought we rubbed elbows. Wait. Rubbing elbows is not a good thing either. Dang it. I guess fist bumps it is. Or is it?

I'm so confused on what the protocol is now.

I just revert back to a good hand shake. Take your hat or cap off while eating. A good hug to those you like the most. And put your dang phone away.

Unless you are showing me big buck pics and big doe pics!!
              When covid was going hot and heavy. I would offer a hand shake tell everyone that wanted to fist bump that the hand shake is still there after covid calms down. I refuse to fist bump.

Comment

People can be taught how they 'should' shake hands. It doesn't reflect their character, however. I have had some textbook 'good' handshakes from despicable people.

Comment

I tell my boys the same thing!

Comment

I couldn't agree more. Plus, it drives me crazy to see a man wear a hat indoors! Yep, most do it anymore, sheez if my Dad were still alive, he used to remove them and hand them to you. Nobody wanted to mess with him afterwards, they just took their hat from him as he was handing it back to them.

If I give you my word, it's a done deal. I will take a loss if I have to before I go back on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      OP, most of the time, I agree. But the devil will look you square in the eye and shake your hand firmly, too.

I also believe a man's word is of upmost importance.
                      This is my belief. It's also a cultural thing. Some people haven't been taught the importance of hand shake but they're great people.

Comment

Working...
                      X