First night under the New Mexico stars in a few years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
    Love the pre-2007 GMC/Chevy. I will be taking my 2006 GMC Sierra Z71 with 240k miles to Black Gap in December!
    I went down two different trails so far where I thought I’d need to push the 4wd button but both times I just crawled out with the limited slip rear end.

Comment

Man I need to do a trip like this before I’m not able to.

A man needs solitude from time to time. I used to make a weekly sabbatical trip by myself when I had a lease.

It’s been too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you're gonna be alone, that is absolutely the way to do it! Following for more updates.

Comment

Going to add the Gila to my list of possible hunts for next year.

Looking forward to your findings today!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Man I need to do a trip like this before I’m not able to.

A man needs solitude from time to time. I used to make a weekly sabbatical trip by myself when I had a lease.

It’s been too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            This place I’m currently at is just off hwy 152 between Hatch and Hillsboro.
            Lots of BLM land that’s not terrible to hike around for us older fellas and I’d say very low on the alone and dangerous scale. Peace and quite is plentiful

Comment

Sunrise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best of luck to you Fly, I hope you connect on the bucks you spotted but mostly that you just enjoy your adventure. Keep the pics and updates coming.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

Sunrise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Nice pics of raw looking country. Never been to that area of NM. I always have heard about the elk of the Gila, but nothing on that area's mule deer hunting. Looks like waterhole scouting my be a good tactic to see deer.

Comment

It’s New Mexico so anything is possible I guess. I’ve been watching a UFO since there has been light enough to see
                    Really though, there’s not even a hint of a cloud in the sky for a hundred miles but in the far distance ( maybe 30-50 miles) there is an object sitting in one spot. Has not moved an inch. Almost like a tethered balloon but must be huge. I can only see it with the Nikons. My video camera zoom won’t even pick it up for the atmospheric irregularities I guess. Crazy looking

Comment

Just spotted the bucks from last night. They are closer so maybe he a better look

Comment

Great pics Kirby!!! Good luck buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          Just spotted the bucks from last night. They are closer so maybe he a better look

Hopefully you can seal the deal.

I'll be a few units North of you for 1st Rifle. I can't wait to get back to that open sky!

Comment

Originally posted by CrownKiller14 View Post
                            Hopefully you can seal the deal.

I'll be a few units North of you for 1st Rifle. I can't wait to get back to that open sky!
                            I wish the season had started already because these fellas just bedded about 500 yards from me in a great spot to kill’em. Problem is they can see my camp from where they are. I was planning to put up my shower tent and get a good shower in and then leave for the day and I just know they are going to get gone when I get busy around camp here in a bit

Comment

Well, I didn't read all of the posts but I can bet you aren't near Mora. Wind had been blowing 30- 40 mph. Your tent would be in old Mexico by now.

GOOL LUCK!

Comment

Good luck! I hunted the Gila near Quemado several times. I think I did 3 times with muzzleloader and one archery. All were for elk though on private land mixed in the Gila. I did see some huge mule deer bucks one year and, of course, I didn't have a tag.

Comment

Working...
                                X