• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
    Get some pine nuts and some good olive oil and make pesto
    This is the play for sure.

Comment

Butter, chicken base or fond, white wine, lemon juice, chiffonade basil and sun dried tomatoes. Grill a pork chop or chicken breast. Fat dollop of goat cheese and oour on the sauce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well it is settled then. I am about to start growing basil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds good guys. Looks like I'm gonna have to start lookin up some recipes and kick Mrs. Lobo outta the kitchen on occasion. She won't be happy about it cause It's HER kitchen. But hopefully she'll get over it.

Comment

Pesto!!!

Comment

Make a few batches of pesto sauce and refrigerate/ freeze. This should burn up a bunch of it and it has a long shelf life

Comment

Grill or blacken some fish and make this cheese sauce to top it with.
                Shrimp, crawfish tails and fresh sliced avocado in a creamy American Cheese basil sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
                  Get some pine nuts and some good olive oil and make pesto
                  This. You don't even have to use pine nuts. You can use walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds pumpkin seeds.... Also add a good parmigiana or pecorino cheese.

Comment

I use a lot of basil in my spaghetti and meatballs.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                      Make a Caprese salad. Super easy and good. Sprinkle just a touch of coarse sea salt over the top. Excellent!
                      This. We grow basil for this dish alone. Slightly bruise the leaves against your hand right before you put them on the salad. This releases the aromatic qualities and will change the flavor. Done right this and a baked potato are the best sides for prime rib or steak there is.

Comment

Working...
                      X