Tactacam with Reaktor Solar Panel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    Well both of these replacements have crapped out too. Gonna call them and see about a refund.
    Yep my 4th one died also, sent in back for a refund. I’m done with them

Comment

Took almost a month to get a reply to my email regarding two dead units. Finally heard back and mailed them in on my dime - $16. Will see if they make good on them. Doesn't feel like a "deal" anymore. May switch to the tactacam solar panels.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWidowMaker View Post
        Let me know how that goes. I'd much prefer a refund because I do not plan on using them.
        They are giving me store credit. Would have much rather just had my money back but I guess its better than nothing.

Comment

Well the fun continues. Sent my entire units all nice and packaged up back in early January. Got an email that shipped out replacements and received yesterday. One small but important detail. They shipped me ONLY replacement panels! Even though I mailed in the complete older set of mount, wall charger, camera cables etc. So now I have two replacement panels and zero way to connect, mount, or wall charge them. Just sent them a nice email asking where my accessories are and if they can ship those to me so I can actually use them. What a mess.

Comment

I mailed in just the panel and was curious if I'd get all of the accessories again. I'm really liking their mount to use as my camera mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              Well the fun continues. Sent my entire units all nice and packaged up back in early January. Got an email that shipped out replacements and received yesterday. One small but important detail. They shipped me ONLY replacement panels! Even though I mailed in the complete older set of mount, wall charger, camera cables etc. So now I have two replacement panels and zero way to connect, mount, or wall charge them. Just sent them a nice email asking where my accessories are and if they can ship those to me so I can actually use them. What a mess.
              Idiots did the same thing to me. They told me to mail every I had. Sent just the panel back.

What a freaking circus. I don't think I'll buy a thing from them clowns again

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Idiots did the same thing to me. They told me to mail every I had. Sent just the panel back.

What a freaking circus. I don't think I'll buy a thing from them clowns again

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                I may have put a little money in the swear jar when I opened up the box.

Comment

I sent in just the panel and they sent brand new panel with all accessories with it. The panel
                  Did have a black check mark on back so I’m assuming they verified it was outputting 12v before sending me another one. I’ve got 4 of them running and had issue with just that 1 unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sucks so many have had issues with them. Mine are still working as they should be.

I did buy a solar panel from Tactacam once only because the Reaktors were out of stock. That panel has been working flawlessly for me. I think I will buy the Tactacam’s own version going forward when I need more.

Comment

The ones I got are JUNK! Go with the Tactacam brands and never look back! Remind me not to listen to AC again
                      PS…I have 2 brand new EW solar panels for sale…unopened

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

I did buy a solar panel from Tactacam. That panel has been working flawlessly for me. I think I will buy the Tactacam’s own version going forward when I need more.

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                          Go with the Tactacam brands and never look back! Remind me not to listen to AC again)
                          You still listened to me.

Comment

Actually I bought some of both to test out at same time. There is a clear winner in Tactacam. Wish I could say I had the same luck as you with the Reaktors,but I didn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                              Actually I bought some of both to test out at same time. There is a clear winner in Tactacam. Wish I could say I had the same luck as you with the Reaktors,but I didn’t.

Yep. I won’t be buying anymore of them based on this thread. They probably found someone to make them cheaper and ended up with junk. I’ve got one in Del Rio with over 90,000 pics. Never have touched the camera or panel since I set it up.

Comment

I bought one....worked great for a few months but keep getting the low battery warning on my camera. We've had some cloudy days but not that many. Guess I need to go pull it and manually charge and see what's up.

Checked out of society.

Comment

Working...
                                X