No announcement yet.

Texasbowhunter.com Blanco County Season-long Live Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always a next time. Nice sunset picture and silhouette of your daughter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I pulled camera cards tonight. Kelsey wanted to hunt Bomb Shelter North but the wind wasn't right. It won't be in the morning either. We'll go back tomorrow night. Found a little target buck to chase.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2822.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	24696236
      Last edited by Casey; 10-22-2022, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Texasbowhunter.com Blanco County Season-long Live Hunt

Taylor shot a young doe…his first ever shot at a deer with a bow. He waited 30 minutes and checked the arrow and had good blood. Mo and I went to assist. We had pretty good blood and followed it slowly for a pretty good ways, and then I jumped the deer. She almost ran over me! We backed out, had dinner and then Taylor and I went back out and got back on the trail. She ended up circling and almost crossing trails - close enough that I initially got back on the original trail before realizing it. After that realization, I found new blood about 10 yards away and we followed it until Taylor found her in a small depression! It was small and young, but we were all excited for his first deer with a bow (and second ever, I think!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Taylor shot a young doe…his first ever shot at a deer with a bow. He waited 30 minutes and checked the arrow and had good blood. Mo and I went to assist. We had pretty good blood and followed it slowly for a pretty good ways, and then I jumped the deer. She almost ran over me! We backed out, had dinner and then Taylor and I went back out and got back on the trail. She ended up circling and almost crossing trails - close enough that I initially got back on the original trail before realizing it. After that realization, I found new blood about 10 yards away and we followed it until Taylor found her in a small depression! It was small and young, but we were all excited for his first deer with a bow (and second ever, I think!)

Congrats on the find, sounds like tender eatin!

Comment

It’ll definitely be tender! We can only shoot does during archery season (and Thanksgiving weekend, so we want to take advantage of the limited opportunities this weekend.

Mo and I are back in the Krivo this morning.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

We had an almost legal? buck come in to scent check for does and leave a little calling card of his own.

I was tempted to let Mo ground check him, but we decided against it. LOL!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Congrats to Taylor!! It'll eat!!

Comment

Great times.

Comment

Whitetail veal! Doesn't eat any better than that!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Easing through the gate into the Uno pasture. Warm but we're confident.

Comment

All settled. We weren't set up fully and a forky had eased to within 20 yards. I love when deer are with us early.Click image for larger version

Name:	20221022_172319.jpg
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	24696279Click image for larger version

Name:	20221022_173026.jpg
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	24696280

Comment

Doe and spike have joined

Comment

Good luck this evening.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Casey got a smile this time. Somethun good is gonna happen.

Comment

Nice trashy cull. Congratulations Taylor
                                Last edited by Jon B; 10-22-2022, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X