Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

The Good, Bad & Ugly Live ETX 22’-23’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also we found a good one on the small place we killed the big deer on last year. He jumped a good bit but we had him as a 5 yr old last year. He has jumped to the top of my list close to home. May make a sit tomorrow afternoon after my inspection. I’ll update when I know more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yes sir

Comment

Headed that way. Ladder stand is 60 yards from the pen so I’ll carry in and hang on the apple tree plot. Should be at the gate in 40 min.

Comment

Good luck. I’m covered up already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck this evening.

Comment

Thanks guys. This is low density deer spot. Still have PTSD from last year and all the hours on zero. I’ll be happy with a deer. I’ve been in since 5. Service is sketchy. Had to climb a crooked sweet gum to bust limbs out to shoot the pen. Then climb down again for a tree beside the pen. 32 yards to the pile. A trail south of me but I had to give up something. I have to get me a portable limb saw.

Comment

Well how was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  Well how was it?

Had a doe and button head come in. Fed in the pen for 20 min, glanced up and saw me and proceeded to blow 10 times and walk off. If we killed does here she would be #1 on the list!

Comment

The Good, Bad & Ugly Live ETX 22’-23’

Man who has an anniversary on 10/28.l?!? Still not sure what I was thinking on that one. Rut crazed I guess lol. Couple dinners and nights out to make the wife happy. Just got out of church and headed east. Not sure if I’ll hunt the trespasser place or the mld lease. I’d really like to save the mld lease for this next weekend when my family will be there, but a few daylight pictures if certain deer could easily change my mind. Most likely will be headed in after Uno though. Had a management 8 killed by a kid yesterday and another solid mature 8 that was stuck with a bow that they’ll be turning a dog loose on soon. I’m hustling to get there and get in by 4.
                    /430.

Comment

Great write up and Awesome Buck! Congratulations

Comment

I’m in after Uno. He was in here last night around 3am. No daylight photos of him in about 2 weeks. Not real sure how this place will go once the rifles get busted out around us. Definitely some pressure. Trying to get lucky.

Comment

Nada. Give it a go in the morning. Most likely same spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                            Nada. Give it a go in the morning. Most likely same spot.

I didn’t hunt. Just buttoned some stuff up and hustled back. They were putting a tape on my good buddies deer and I wanted to be there. It was a slammer for sure.

Didn’t plan on hunting but it’s drizzling rain and November 1st. I’m going to run up and throw a sit at the Big Tall 9. Trying yo hustle and get pointed north. Grabbing some pizza real quick for the family and game 3 afterwards.

Comment

I’m in. Still drizzling rain. Neighbor burning brush piles. Cover scent is not needed with this wind and his smoke. Lots of daylight action lately. Same tree just set up behind it this time and not 45 degree angle

Comment

6 point just cruised by. Made a big circle around the pen looking for a does track off the pen.

Comment

Working...
                                X