Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Any Massey 4707 owners out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Massey 4707 owners out there?

I’ve been looking at tractors in the 70-75 hp range. I’m a John Deere man and I’m definitely not allergic to Kubota’s either. I started thinking about masseys and ran across the 4707. It is in the top of its class against all of the others and outweighs them by 1800- 2500 lbs. a problem I do see with it is all of the electronics it has and I’m not sure about the new set up on the 3 pt lift cylinders. I do like only having to use the clutch to start it and not having to use it again. I’ve heard it rides great and I’ve heard it rides terrible- I can’t do the terrible. The loader is the strongest in class . These are definitely heavy duty machines.

Fyi if the deere has a shuttle shift frorward reverser on left of column then its the same way. No clutch needed technically i would think the same for other brands as well.

I cant speak on your particular model. But i just have never been a fan of the Masseys they are just a different breed compared to Deere.

I think i would even look at a NH before i bought a massey.

Every massey i know of has a great engine but they fall short in the hydraulics and linkages.

Comment

Following as I was at the deere dealership in Navasota yesterday for 2 hours gathering data points.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
        Fyi if the deere has a shuttle shift frorward reverser on left of column then its the same way. No clutch needed technically i would think the same for other brands as well.

I cant speak on your particular model. But i just have never been a fan of the Masseys they are just a different breed compared to Deere.

I think i would even look at a NH before i bought a massey.

Every massey i know of has a great engine but they fall short in the hydraulics and linkages.
        It’s a shuttle shift but you can lift the reverser and stop motion. I kinda felt the same way about masseys but this one just caught my eye. Thanks

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X