No announcement yet.

Pop up Campers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is only one thing you can leave in the boonies and its the same when you get back year after year, A cargo conversion.

Just spend the money to order one that has windows and a window in the door and even an RV screen door.

You don’t get mice, rats, critters, snakes, maybe some lady bugs if its white

A 7 wide by 14 or better is top notch. You put a queen bed cross ways on one end, living space in the middle, and build a shower and toilet area on the other end.
    Last edited by Johnny44; 09-30-2022, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sticknstring View Post
      i had a pop up years ago that went to NM and Co quite a bit-it had A/C on the roof-it worked great for those trips. I took it to the deer lease one year-spent some time hunting axis and hogs in the off season-never again. In the Texas heat, it just can't keep up to stay cool with those canvas sides-it was miserably hot.
      I ended up upgrading to an 18' aluminum / fiberglass rv. These days I'm utilizing a cargo trailer that I converted to an Rv with insulation and a/c and heat on the roof for my hunting and fishing trips. This has worked out great cause I can use it at the deer lease, short term hunting and fishing trips I do in state and out of state. Its cheaper to haul and easy to just hitch and go. I've done quite a few bird hunts out of state or in matador with it-dogs like it too!
      I have a ramp on the back where I can load my atv in it when Ia elk hunt in the mountains. I would think this might be easier to sell when you part with it too.
      I would go this route if you're wanting to leave at the lease.. Find an older rolled edge aluminum roof. Make the interior as comfortable as you want..

Comment

P.S, if you order from a decent company you can evem have them make a braced opening with a “door” in the size of a window AC unit such as a 5k btu.

You get a more useful product than an airstream.

Cargo Craft or Wells Cargo will hook you up.

Comment

Great info y’all!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
            Aliner even sounds expensive! My son wants to buy a tent and leave it up all season.
            My Aliner withstood a big storm several years ago it did have some medium damage but you can see what it did yo the barn we camped under.
            Attached Files

Comment

I've got one of those "section 8" type pop ups that I need to sell. I used it this spring for four days at the river during a camp out and it was actually real comfortable. But it has kings size beds on both ends so that helps. But like others have said, I wouldn't want to leave it up all season long unless it was under some type of cover.

Comment

Working...
              X