Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome trip.

Comment

Just got caught up and it was worth every minute. Congrats on an awesome hunt and experience!

Comment

Ck out this guy[emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well guys thanks for following along on this one. It was definitely an adventure I’ll never forget. Now it’s time to get my back to work and start planning something else. Long day of travel yesterday but we’re home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a hunt/trip!

Thank you again for taking us along!

Comment

been following all along and finally picked my jaw off the floor to say big time congrats and thanks for taking us along and glad you made it back to the lone star safe!

Comment

Welcome back! This was a fun thread to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Quite the adventure and experience of a lifetime! Excellent write up.

Comment

That’s an awesome critter JT, and I’m sure super awesome adventure.

Congrats again!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats on the Ibex. Great write up like others have said one of the best if not the best live threads I’ve read

Comment

Great read! Thx for sharing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                          I helped JT setup the rifle. He had some 162 ELD he wanted to try. Told him they probably wouldn’t shoot well due to slow twist. We proved that theory after few rounds then he found the 150gr CX and told him that’d be borderline and they actually shot inside 1 MOA consistently so we rolled with them due to time issue and ammo availability. We got chrono speed and bullet data and shot 500yds and got some good information on drop data and verified with my RF and Bullet drop app. He ordered a custom yardage turret. It came in and we went and shot 500yds and it shot 17” high at 500. Big time head scratcher. So I did some math in my head made adjustments on turret and had it hitting dead on in 2 shots. So we reset our 500yds to that. I loaned him my Gunwerks BR2 RF and inputted all the data for his setup into it since he was hunting approximately 8k’ higher elevation than where we set the gun up. He got overseas and shot at 100yds. It hit 8” low. So he basically just did what I told him to do if it jacked up again. Setup target about 4-500yds. Sight in. Reset turret to what RF reads and hope it stays together for 1 Ibex. It did and he got a stud Ibex. Told him when he gets back I want to spend time with the rifle. I’ve got 4 tikka myself and never had these issues at all. Personally want to trace out the issue. Scope, Rings, Action screws,etc.

y'all get anything figured out yet?

Congrats again JT!

Comment

Thanks for the ride. Beautiful animal.

What I didn't see any Hendricks Gin on the shelf! Oh well there was plenty to choose from.

Comment

such a cool write up and trip and Ibex. Awesome hunt and great to follow. Thanks!

Comment

one of the coolest hunt threads in a HOT MINUTE

Comment

Working...
                                X