Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    You fell for the narrative, didn't you?

I have not watched any of the series and nor do I intend to, especially after I heard they were going to spin it like they did. He wasn't caught right away because no one could fathom or comprehend what he was doing at the time. He was charismatic, charming, pleasant. (I have found that charismatic people can be the most deceptive and I instantly do not trust charismatics until they prove they are trustworthy.)

I lived through that time period and it was the most shocking, disgusting horror anyone had ever heard of. I mean, he ATE his victims! The book Silence of the Lambs was based on him.
    Silence of the Lambs was published before Dahmer was caught by 3-4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
      My wife started it without me then just said "you can't watch this". I pressed her on why and all I got was, "I didn't realize he was gay. You won't watch it." Hmm
      He was pretty gay. He had a lot of stuff going on. None that I thought were very cool.

He was an alcoholic too. Which actually seemed like the most normal thing he had going for him.
      Last edited by okrattler; 09-30-2022, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        Dusty, how do you know they spun it if you haven’t watched it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Silence of the Lambs was published in 1988. Dahmer wasn’t arrested for the murders and ultimate confessions until 1991. Actually I think the movie was released before the extent of Dahmer’s crimes were discovered. Jeffery Dahmer was not the inspiration for Silence of the Lambs.

The idea is reported to have come from combining parts of several known serial killers. Ed Gein in particular made skin suits out of women in an apparent attempt to transform himself to a woman just like in SofL.

Gary Heidnick kept his victims in a pit like in the movie.

The fake broken arm to lure his victims was pure Ted Bundy.

The Green River Killer dumped his victims’ bodies in or near rivers or wooded areas. An FBI profiler did a profile on him to help catch him like in the movie. He even crossed state lines in an attempt to confuse the police, again much like in the movie.

So yes SofL was based on real killers, just not Jeffery Dahmer. Had he been arrested a few years earlier, he might have been tossed in with others.

In my opinion …..

Comment

I was shocked that was Molly Ringwald Just finished episode 7

Comment

That sick demented pos died way too slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
              You fell for the narrative, didn't you?

I have not watched any of the series and nor do I intend to, especially after I heard they were going to spin it like they did. He wasn't caught right away because no one could fathom or comprehend what he was doing at the time. He was charismatic, charming, pleasant. (I have found that charismatic people can be the most deceptive and I instantly do not trust charismatics until they prove they are trustworthy.)

I lived through that time period and it was the most shocking, disgusting horror anyone had ever heard of. I mean, he ATE his victims! The book Silence of the Lambs was based on him.
              I think you might have your serial killers mixed up. "Charismatic, charming, pleasant" are normally attributed to Ted Bundy. Dahmer was weirdo.

Most of Dahmer's murders were after Silence of the Lambs was published. The character of Hannibel had been established in a prior novel. Bundy is on the list of murders that the author studied for the character of Buffalo Bill.
              Last edited by Nate Riley; 09-30-2022, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                That sick demented pos died way too slow.
                How so?
                He only served about 3 yrs of his 941, and being beat to death with a piece of metal seems pretty quick to me .

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  How so?
                  He only served about 3 yrs of his 941, and being beat to death with a piece of metal seems pretty quick to me .
                  Lol Yeah that didn't take long. Ol' Charles Manson died slow.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    How so?
                    Dyslexia kicking in strong today. Meant it the other way around. Sounded right in my head at the time though.

Comment

Dahmer was obviously a sick individual but google green River killer and read his story on wikipedia or Ed Gein and others.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                        Silence of the Lambs was published in 1988. Dahmer wasn’t arrested for the murders and ultimate confessions until 1991. Actually I think the movie was released before the extent of Dahmer’s crimes were discovered. Jeffery Dahmer was not the inspiration for Silence of the Lambs.

The idea is reported to have come from combining parts of several known serial killers. Ed Gein in particular made skin suits out of women in an apparent attempt to transform himself to a woman just like in SofL.

Gary Heidnick kept his victims in a pit like in the movie.

The fake broken arm to lure his victims was pure Ted Bundy.

The Green River Killer dumped his victims’ bodies in or near rivers or wooded areas. An FBI profiler did a profile on him to help catch him like in the movie. He even crossed state lines in an attempt to confuse the police, again much like in the movie.

So yes SofL was based on real killers, just not Jeffery Dahmer. Had he been arrested a few years earlier, he might have been tossed in with others.

In my opinion …..

We’re talking about Dahmer-Monster on Netflix. Not Silence of the Lambs.

I haven’t watched it yet, but my understanding is that it’s quite different from Silence of the Lambs.

Comment

We’re talking about Dahmer-Monster on Netflix. Not Silence of the Lambs.

I haven’t watched it yet, but my understanding is that it’s quite different from Silence of the Lambs.

Actually we were talking both, as DB asserted the book was based on Dahmer.. You're just late to the party.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            Actually we were talking both, as DB asserted the book was based on Dahmer.. You're just late to the party.

Well I wasn’t talking about Silence of the Lambs and that’s all that matters. Y’all should be able to read my mind when I post.

Comment

Well I wasn’t talking about Silence of the Lambs and that’s all that matters. Y’all should be able to read my mind when I post.

lol just messing with you.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                                Dahmer was obviously a sick individual but google green River killer and read his story on wikipedia or Ed Gein and others.
                                There are/ have been some sick puppies out there in the world. Ed Gien was also from Wisconsin I believe. Must be something in the water over there.

Comment

Working...
                                X