Purina Pro Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by axisbuck24 View Post
    Her liver enzymes are very high. We have put her on liver meds but no change. Opted against ultrasound since she would have to go under sedation, plus is Cancer it would not change the treatment plan. Just trying to make her as comfortable in her old age. She normally gets teeth cleaned but one vet advised against it.

We did the ultrasound on our girl when she was right at 12 years old. She wouldn’t hardly eat and was losing weight rapidly. She would approach her food bowl , put her nose in it and then walk away without eating. We were thinking liver cancer. The ultrasound showed she had cirrhosis of the liver due to copper accumulation from her food. We put her on a prescription that she took once a day. I can’t remember the name. The copper would bind to it and pass through her system. She perked up in a matter of days and was great for the next two years. Her hips finally failed her. [emoji45]

Hoping for the best for your pup. It sucks to see them suffering at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AggieDVM15 View Post
      Another No go vote on the grain free. Predisposes them to cardiac issues. I personally feed my own dog Purina Pro Plan and recommend it to my clients as well.
      Good info there…. She has been on Victor Grain free Salmon and sweet potato

Comment

Our 13 year old stopped finishing her food and had slowed down. I tried chopping up beef heart and she started cleaning her dish. Did a little research and ground up heart, liver and kidneys, she now dances around at mealtime and had gained weight. She only gets 2 TBS a day added to her dry food she is only 10 lbs. Do some research online, it did make a difference to our pooch and my daughter's arthritic dog is also more active.

Comment

Make sure there are no meat byproduct in whatever you feed them it hard on older dogs joints.

Comment

Working...
          X