Opening Day Broadhead Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Surprised there aren’t more slick trick users here.

If I was hunting whitetail, I would still be using the standard 100gr trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Will be shooting 100 gr Magnums and Razor Tricks

Comment

Kayuga Pilot Cuts with the wide bleeders

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
        Interested on why you are choosing kudus for whitetail. Not knocking it, as I’ve killed 2 elk 3 mule deer and an antelope with them the last 3 years. They are my go to open country big game head. But I’ve had zero blood trail on all of these animals. Interested if you’ve had different results
        I’ve also used Kudu points and had very little blood.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chance Love;16425042]Maybe folks are finally learning they are one of the worst heads out there. Years ago we had to make a new ranch rule—-NO Slick Tricks allowed.

[QUOTE]

We’ve only shot a few deer with slick tricks but results have been good.

What is the issue with them?

Comment

I'll have a Jak-Hammer, a couple Sevrs, a Reaper Hybrid, and an Exodus.

Whoever gets the nod will depend on how many, how big, and how ugly the pigs are that come in and mess up my deer hunts this weekend

Comment

Rage, which I have not used since 2012.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Speedgoat; 09-29-2022, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                Maybe folks are finally learning they are one of the worst heads out there. Years ago we had to make a new ranch rule—-NO Slick Tricks allowed.

You and I have had this discussion before. [emoji3]

Crazy how different your results have been from mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                  125 grain Exodus
                  same!

Comment

[QUOTE=Chance Love;16425042]Maybe folks are finally learning they are one of the worst heads out there. Years ago we had to make a new ranch rule—-NO Slick Tricks allowed.

Interesting take. I shot two deer with Slick Tricks in the past. While both resulted in dead deer, the track was awful. Perfect shots too. After those, I did not shoot any longer.

Comment

This year I’m going to try out the alien matrix 150gr single bevel. I’ve got them shaving sharp, interested to see how they perform

Comment

Thunderhead 100's. We track all over the state and these have always been my go to. One less thing to worry about when shooting a fixed blade. It's all about shot placement.

Comment

[quote=txtrophy85;16425670][QUOTE=Chance Love;16425042]Maybe folks are finally learning they are one of the worst heads out there. Years ago we had to make a new ranch rule—-NO Slick Tricks allowed.

We’ve only shot a few deer with slick tricks but results have been good.

What is the issue with them?
                          Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          You and I have had this discussion before. [emoji3]

Crazy how different your results have been from mine.

[quote=tbgascorer;16425717]
                          Originally posted by Chance Love View Post

Interesting take. I shot two deer with Slick Tricks in the past. While both resulted in dead deer, the track was awful. Perfect shots too. After those, I did not shoot any longer.
                          Years ago I shot a handful of deer and hogs with them. No blood trails whatsoever. My hunters also shot quite a few animals with them with the same results. And shot placement made no difference. I even had a group of hunters end up throwing away several brand new packs of them after their “perfect” shots didn’t turn out so good. So, after MANY horrible experiences (can’t remember a good trail, EVER), I banned them from the ranch. If you talk to any deer dog guys and ask them what their least favorite broadhead is to trail behind…it will be Slick Tricks. And Montecs will be a very close 2nd.

But they do fly really good, so there’s that.

Comment

I wont make opening weekend.My girl has her 4H work day on Saturday. I’m working Sunday . Momma might take Baylee Sunday . This year she gets first chance .

Comment

muzzy 3 blade 100 g. since 1997

Comment

If I get to make a sit I will be pushing a 100gr QAD Exodus

Comment

Working...
                                X