Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

19 Days to Kill - Live!!! New Mexico, East Tx, North Tx, Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s it for this morning. Pretty slow since the does left.

Bout to corn and hay all of our stands and I’ll be back this evening with T. He has a doe tag burning a hole in his pocket.

Comment

Thats a big ol doe!
      Fat Bottom Betty.. lol
      Good luck, with T there, somethings bound to happen.

Comment

19 Days to Kill - Live!!! New Mexico, East Tx, North Tx, Illinois

Well we are here, hot & sweaty, but we are here.

Talen met me after school and jumped in the truck for us to make an evening hunt.
        This is our first hunt of the year together. I’m running the camera and range finder.
        T is running the stick & string.

Felt weird today having him meet me and not picking him up from school but glad we are getting to hunt together all the same. 16 years has definitely flown by but him driving himself around does have some perks!

We are set up at his stand in the same hardwood flat that I hunted yesterday evening.
        Wind is out of the NE today so we are set up in a Dillon blind on the opposite side of the feeder pen.

This is the first year to have 2 stands at this spot to be able to hunt different winds so we’ll see how it works out.
        I do like the idea of these type of blinds, (Ovens) with windows to “help” with scent control.

Hoping The Bulldog will make an appearance again this evening and T can get a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to y’all. Following while working. Well….. following.

Comment

Had a group of does coming in and spooked.
            I’m assuming maybe the wind swirled. Not really sure what happened. They were no where close to being down wind. All it took was one of them to start blowing and they couldn’t stand it. They GONE!

Comment

That’s a wrap for us this evening. Had a yearling come in and feed for a few seconds and left.

Not the evening I thought it would be. But was time well spent with Talen.

We’ll be back at it Tuesday morning.
              Headed to the Texas State Fair in the AM for 3 days of cattle showing.

Comment

Thanks for keeping us working stiffs entertained Heath. Y’all be careful.

Comment

Gonna be a lot different come Tuesday with this weather change coming. Good luck at the show and keep us posted!

Comment

Just rolled in on 2 wheels from the Texas State Fair!!!

Kicked the show heifer out to pasture. Changing clothes and headed out the door to get an evening hunt in. Summer will be with me so I’ll be on the camera this evening.

Talen had a great weekend with his Beefmaster Heifer.
                    2nd Place in his class of 19 and made it to the top 8 Finalist out of 83 Senior Showmanship entries. Definitely a great way to start the Major Show Season off.

We got a North Wind this evening and still trying to decide where we are gonna hunt. I’ll update when we get in a stand.

Comment

That video was awesome!

Comment

We are in and ready to kill a whitetail!!!

Had to do some craft work to the windows in this Dillon Blind. Lots of light coming in!

Summer opted to bow hunt this evening so we left the long gun in the truck. She hasn’t killed a deer with her bow yet so this could be an exciting hunt!

Targets are a mature doe or The Bulldog at this stand.
                        We are posted up in the blind Talen and I hunted last week.
                        Big Oak Flat with a North Wind in our face.

Got some new bucks showing up on camera all around the lease so that’s always a good sign in October.

Let’s se what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck I rushed home from work and posted up in my pop up in bald hill

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                            Good luck I rushed home from work and posted up in my pop up in bald hill
                            Good luck Kris!
                            Amy word on those Trespassers?

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
                              Good luck Kris!
                              Amy word on those Trespassers?
                              Actually yes. It was the son in law of the next door land owner. Supposedly looking for a deer they shot. Still not sure why he kicked my rice bran and I hope the deer they shot wasn’t the buck eating my bran. Just odd the timing of it all and how the buck spooked

Comment

Pretty quiet here so far.

Kade and his daughter are about 500 yards East of me and have 6 does feeding on acorns.

Cell cam at the camp stand is showing a small 8 in the feeder pen.

Comment

Working...
                                X