No announcement yet.

Water softeners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your house is plumbed with a loop and drain for a softener, or if you are replacing an existing one, it is a simple enough project for just about anyone to figure out.

If your house isn't set up already, you are probably looking at locating a water line, possibly involving some digging, then tying in and running some pipe. If you aren't comfortable with this, hire it out.

Most of the box-store cabinet type softeners are way undersized for the average home around here due to how terribly hard our water is. My water in Wimberley was about 24 gn hard AND 2ppm of Chlorine when I bought the house. Every faucet, angle stop, hose bib, dishwasher, toilet, and anything else that touched water was trashed and had to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by DPElite View Post
      Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      If you have a well, the setup should be:
      Well, iron blocker, refiner, softener.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        Call Tommy Dorsey water conditioning in Round Rock. Super fair pricing and their systems work great. They installed mine for $1000 parts and labor in 2016. It’s been great so far.

I will add we had the loop already in the house when it was built. We basically just paid for the softener. Install was nearly free.
        Well guys say a prayer for Tommys family. He unexpectedly passed away yesterday evening. He was a really good guy and will be missed by many.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
          Well guys say a prayer for Tommys family. He unexpectedly passed away yesterday evening. He was a really good guy and will be missed by many.
          Horrible. Prayers up for all of them.

Comment

Horrible about TD. Lee, shoot me a PM if you want. I’m in the water business. I do not sell or install softeners but I can answer questions about water chemistry and maybe get you a hook up. Long and short is the difference that matters is the cheap softeners have plastic gears in the head. The good ones simply last longer. Cheap ones will work until they dont. Uv light, filters, and carbon filters (to remove chlorine) can be beneficial but are not with out down sides

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post

Sad to hear that. Prayers for his family, friends, and employees.

now I know why my call wasn't returned. Just gave them a call again and have them coming on Monday.
              Last edited by BigL; 10-13-2022, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X