No announcement yet.

Wind Turbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually cost is around the megawatt output. 2.2 mw turbine usually costs around $2 million each. If construction starts November 1 (clearing land for roads and pads for the turbines) it might take 6-8 months maybe longer depending…
    Last edited by STX_Shooter; 09-25-2022, 09:46 PM. Reason: .

Comment

**** that’s insane

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
        I'm not putting them up but our landowner is having 4 maybe 5 put up. Was planning to start in January but they moved it up to Nov 1.

Your deer season is f’d. They’ll be back next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It takes 2-3 months on average. Includes the dirt work/roads/pads/trenching/ concrete work. Then the set up takes a week or so. Alot has to do with the condition the raw land is in. He's seen them go up in 4-6 weeks before.
          I get my info from a buddy that has them in his laydown yard. He said it's alot of cat herding with the crews and engineers. Windmills are shipped over from Mitsubishi. He has about 50 in his yard at the moment.
          Last edited by HTOWN; 09-26-2022, 07:44 PM.

Comment

On our deer lease we lost due to turbines. They have installed 178 since February. That’s when we moved off and they started.

Comment

I am in young county as well and went from zero last season to perhaps 178, haven’t counted. They are a mile or two away but not looking forward to the blinking red lights which haven’t started yet

Comment

Working...
              X