New World Record long distance shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayr View Post
    Not trying to be rude…but I bet the probability is that you wouldn’t hit that target in 1000 shots.
    It would be pure luck and I'm never lucky so you are probably right.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
      Question 1: how could you even see the target at 4.4 miles, even with a 35x scope?
      If the air was reasonably clear it should not be too bad.... the target was about 1.5 MOA, so "the same" physical size on the scope as looking at a 1.5" dot at 100 yards. It was a white rectangle, so should have been fairly high contrast.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        I bet I could fire 69 bullets out of dang near anything and get just as close.

It would be pure luck and I'm never lucky so you are probably right.

I bet I could fire 69 bullets out of dang near anything and get just as close.

Go get your shoe shine![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Go get your shoe shine![emoji23]

Yes that's what I said. You are the one that took it as if I was saying I was a expert shooter.
          That BS all came from your head.

That many bullets in my opinion is just luck by anyone doing it. You, me, them, anyone given that many shots could probably do the same.

Now, If I haven't done enough to clarify it for you, then I dont know how to help you bud.

Comment

New World Record long distance shot

Yes that's what I said. You are the one that took it as if I was saying I was a expert shooter.
            That BS all came from your head.

That many bullets in my opinion is just luck by anyone doing it. You, me, them, anyone given that many shots could probably do the same.

Now, If I haven't done enough to clarify it for you, then I dont know how to help you bud.

I find it hilarious the way you contradicted yourself, and think I need clarification. I never mentioned shooter talent (you said you could do what they did), and am more concerned with the whole process….rifle/equipment/ammo/ team/prep, to put one on target. Iwill agree to not address you further in this discussion, as it’s clearly not going anywhere, and we seem to be coming at this from different angles.

I’d love to hear from Stick1, T8, Jakegraves, or anyone else with knowledge of how guys play this ELR game.

1. How the rifles differ from the 1.5-2 mile setups discussed earlier, to this thing they purpose built for this task. How the calibers differ from the 375 Chey vs what these guys used.

2. The difference in the ammo, more specifically the actual bullets, and how they are turned vs what is available to buy and reload with.

3. Where the limitations lie with shoulder fired rifles as we know them. The one these guys used, vs the “2 mile guns”, and what may come next?

4. What the next step might look like for the folks doing ~2 mile cold bore, and repeating 3-4 times. And what these guys may be able to accomplish next at 4.4 miles (just because that is the number in question)?

The process, the limitations, and what comes next…if that makes any sense.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 09-22-2022, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I never contradicted myself. My comment was to someone stating it was luck and it was my way of agreeing with them.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220922-215149.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	24692926

I find it hilarious how you often call BS and then get on your high horse like you are somebody. I'm not impressed with your BS or the new WR.

Comment

How far above the rifle does the scope sit to lob a bullet 2500' in the air and at the same time be able to see the target with said scope?

Seems the barrel would be aimed so high of an angle it would block the target. Is the scope mounted on the side looking level while the gun is at a 45°??

And yes, I know nothing about ELR...

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                  How far above the rifle does the scope sit to lob a bullet 2500' in the air and at the same time be able to see the target with said scope?

Seems the barrel would be aimed so high of an angle it would block the target. Is the scope mounted on the side looking level while the gun is at a 45°??

And yes, I know nothing about ELR...
                  Post #6 has a picture of the scope base.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                    All luck 0 skill or practice.
                    Because if it wasnt they would have done it twice in a row.. NEVER going to happen.. Nobody is that lucky.

Comment

Dale - Lets agree on something.

Only one person (now two) said it was all luck. Most said there was lots of skill. This we can agree on.

A lot of us think it was skill + luck. None of us ever said (while being serious) that we could hit the target. None of us even have a gun that will shoot that far.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Only one person (now two) said it was all luck. Most said there was lots of skill. This we can agree on.

A lot of us think it was skill + luck. None of us ever said (while being serious) that we could hit the target. None of us even have a gun that will shoot that far.
                        Agree. This is the dude perfect version of rifle shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by soldierarcher View Post
                          69 attempts sure sounds like luck.....
                          This....

Comment

I've never been that lucky..

Comment

He said that he could hit it with just about anything that would go that far, in as many shots. Then that he probably couldn’t in 1000.[emoji849] I’m done with that.

I never said this was all skill, either. The rifle itself is probably over 60% of the equation, and probably the most interesting part of the equation. Then you have to create the ammunition, do the testing, devise their system for marking rounds, then hit target. I’m talking about the whole process, the equipment, and the shooter, to pull this off… And I have been from the beginning. To dome the whole thing down to just 70 shots down range, is moronic.

The team of people who did this set a goal to do it, put in several years designing, getting the rifle and it’s accessories built, probably spent at least 20 grand, and went out and did some thing no one has ever done before. So to listen to these idiots act like 69 shots at 7700yds somehow invalidates the accomplishment, is a slap in the face to the people who actually pulled it off.

Comment

Dale, they are having the King of Two Mile as we speak in Raton, NM. They certainly push the envelope of what is possible to do with a rifle and it is all very interesting.
                                They went from inconsistent 2,000 yard hits to consistently hitting 3,500 yards pretty dang quick. Im not in that crowd of shooters as I spend all my time in the PRS shooting a little bitty Dasher.

Comment

Working...
                                X