No announcement yet.

Weed id plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me settle this - Burt Reynolds died.

Comment

Parthenium and I hate it.

Comment

Herbicide

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I see you are in Angleton....This stuff is pretty prevalent in our area. I despise it. It took over my pasture when we started getting the rains in August. It got out of hand before I could do anything about it. It's really too late to spray in my opinion. To me it would be a waste of money since things are fixing to start going the other way. I am fixing to start shredding it down and clean the pasture up. Next year I will try to spray once the clover plays out, and maybe get a handle on this junk before it pops back up.

I like using a 2-4-D & Dicamba mix in a product like Weedmaster. Works really to clean up a pature in our area.

Comment

Yup it likes wet weather that was a plus about the drought didn’t have any in the pasture

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
              That’s either sticky icky or Maui wowwy
              LOL!!

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
              It’s Santa Maria feverfew, don’t think it’s false ragweed.
              This^^.

I will also add that since it is flowering, you will only get knock back. You will not kill it. Be prepared to attack it before it flowers next year.

Comment

It is false ragweed and Santa Maria feverfew, they are common names for the same plant. That is why the use of scientific names or genus-species (in this case, Parthenium hysterophorus) is important - to minimize confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                  It is false ragweed and Santa Maria feverfew, they are common names for the same plant. That is why the use of scientific names or genus-species (in this case, Parthenium hysterophorus) is important - to minimize confusion.
                  And then I’ll post the scientific name and people will complain

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                    And then I’ll post the scientific name and people will complain
                    Yeah I know. Just letting folks know why scientists must stick with scientific names instead of common names.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy 45 View Post
                      Parthenium and I hate it.
                      Correct.
                      It is "Parthenium hysterophorus" and it is growing in my pasture, too.

This is a biannual weed, so the plant sprouts again (bigger) in the 2nd year.
                      I've tried mowing before the flowers go to seed, disk'ing, and digging with the Bobcat bucket (that worked better than mowing/disk), but the only thing that I've found to be 100% effective is to pull it up manually.
                      Yeah, it is a HUGE chore to pull weeds, but, over a few years, I have brought it under control and can see a big difference. It will be a never-ending battle.
                      When you mow it, it just make less flowers lower to the ground. So, yanking it is the only good manual (no chemicals) method to control.

Comment

This article offers some control recommendations, albeit in crop fields.

Photo by Olivia McClure/LSU AgCenter LSU AgCenter weed scientist Daniel Stephenson holds a ragweed parthenium plant at the annual field day at the Dean Lee Research and Extension Center in A…

Comment

Working...
                        X