Financial regrets in retirement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
    and on the other hand you never know when tomorrow wont come! enjoy life while you are still able to
    This is one that hits close to home. My Dad retired in April of 2017 at 66yrs old. Died in July of 2017 from massive heart attack. He got to enjoy approximately 3 months of retirement after working since he was 17yrs old. You have to work in some joy in there somewhere as I think most of us probably do or we would not be on a hunting website telling about our trips and plans and hunts, etc. That said, you have to have a plan and starting early and sticking to it is imperative.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      I'm not sure you understand how 'younger women' work
      Not what my 41yr old one from Sat night said. She said she had her own **** money and don't need a man to pay for ****. I let her buy me $100 worth of whiskey at the bar then thanked her by letting her drive me home and stay the night.

The thing is you can't go too young or yes it changes everything in that arrangement. Get one just over forty and accuse her of wanting a man to pay her bills and watch the i am woman hear me roar dont need a man come out. Now holding her to it is completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        I'm going to retire in November. I've been unemployed for the last ten years and have given up looking for a job. Every job position has employers wanting to tell you what time to show up for work and what to do.

My only regret is not having spent more money when I was younger. I'm afraid I'll run out of time before running out of money.

And for the old saying it's not what you earn but it's what you save. BS. If you don't earn a decent amount you can't save very much. Always hustle to increase your income. My saying is "You make a living with your back. You make money with your brain."
        Well there’s go my chance of making money

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          Thank you for not taking the govt money....I'm gonna need it
          Ah my friend, I said “yet.” I will start drawing on my money (supposedly) when I am fully vested.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
            You need to shop around or find a good broker. Mine was 1k and I had preexisting cancer conditions.
            Please elaborate! I need details.
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
              Not what my 41yr old one from Sat night said. She said she had her own **** money and don't need a man to pay for ****. I let her buy me $100 worth of whiskey at the bar then thanked her by letting her drive me home and stay the night.

The thing is you can't go too young or yes it changes everything in that arrangement. Get one just over forty and accuse her of wanting a man to pay her bills and watch the i am woman hear me roar dont need a man come out. Now holding her to it is completely different.
              Heck yeah brother. Mine told me "Im not some broke *****" when I told her I like to pay for everything. I might have gotten a chubby

Comment

Originally posted by hunter68 View Post
                Thanks
                yeah I am calling BS - a thousand a year is $83 a month - I have sold health insurance for over 40 years -there is nothing worthwhile at that price - silliness

Comment

You need to shop around or find a good broker. Mine was 1k and I had preexisting cancer conditions.
                  Pray Tell?? What health insurance do you have for $83 a month that is worth anything?? Did you buy it on the exchange and receive subsidies???

Comment

Originally posted by hunter68 View Post
                    Thanks
                    Call this guy Tim Greifer 16302154255 he knows his stuff (Insurance). This a busy time for him but he will get back with you. He is up Northwest PA I think so there is a hour or 2 difference. Tell him Gilbert gave ya his info. He is a big fisherman and likes to talk fishing.

Comment

Folks - there is NO one amount you have to have to make it through retirement!
                      Every persons situation is totally different. If you are living off of an income of $50K for example then what you need to continue that income is TOTALLY different from if you are living off of $200K income.

Figure out how much income you think you will need in retirement and then you can calculate how much in savings you will need to produce that income. The biggest unknown is how long will you live? If your family history and your current health condition show you may live to age 90 then factor that in. If you family history and current health condition show you may live to age 80 then factor that in - again - saying everyone needs one million or two million for a good retirement is ridiculous -

Comment

Call this guy Tim Greifer 16302154255 he knows his stuff (Insurance). This a busy time for him but he will get back with you. He is up Northwest PA I think so there is a hour or 2 difference. Tell him Gilbert gave ya his info. He is a big fisherman and likes to talk fishing.
                        dgilbert - again please tell us what awesome medical insurance you bought for a $1000 a year??

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                          Says the guy bragging on his 25 yr old 4-wheeler

It’s a very reliable 4 wheeler. My trouble like I also mentioned was all the deer leases.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                            Come on antlercollecter, it's 27k for mine and 30k for the wife's. We living now, have fun while u can. Hers is paid for and mine is half way there.

Lol. I hear ya. I was jealous of yalls rides.

I was just trying to answer your question

Nothing wrong with enjoying all the toys and having fun now.

I just want enough to enjoy life and not end up greeting people at the Walmart door.

Comment

U and be both, not buying any more for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                                dgilbert - again please tell us what awesome medical insurance you bought for a $1000 a year??
                                well, I work for the state and have "paid for " health insurance and will be paid for when I retire(soon). Think I will incur 170/month for Medicare advantage plan. Those 2 should cover anything that happens to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X