X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
    5-25 has a larger objective lens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 1” tube on the swaro I dislike. Eye box is smaller to me. But glass is better.

Pretty even lineup. I’ve never been super impressed with the z5. Z6 is a far better optic.

Comment

Swarovski Z5i or Leupold VX-5HD?

Chase asked why the 5-25 over the 3.5-18. Which I assume he is referring to the Swaro Z5i 3.5-18x44 vs Swaro Z5i 5-25x52. The Leupold is 3-15 not 3.5-18.

I do know the difference between the objective lenses with the scopes in the title [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        The 1” tube on the swaro I dislike. Eye box is smaller to me. But glass is better.

Pretty even lineup. I’ve never been super impressed with the z5. Z6 is a far better optic.

Gotta pay to play, Z6 is pricy.

Comment

Gotta pay to play, Z6 is pricy.

Totally understand. Don’t be afraid to buy used.

Comment

Totally understand. Don’t be afraid to buy used.

Any suggestions on where to buy used? I’ve checked Texas Gun Trader and local shops and nada.

Comment

Chase asked why the 5-25 over the 3.5-18. Which I assume he is referring to the Swaro Z5i 3.5-18x44 vs Swaro Z5i 5-25x52. The Leupold is 3-15 not 3.5-18.

I do know the difference between the objective lenses with the scopes in the title [emoji1787]

Correct, I was comparing the two Swaros and asking.

I have limited experience with high magnification optics(only have one 6-24x). But, at low light and that high of magnification, it gets dark quick. Obviously a Swaro will do better than my Vortex Viper though.

Reason I was asking is because in that low light setting, the 18x even with the smaller objective might actually transmit more light than the larger objective at a higher zoom.

Was mainly playing devils advocate on it. Don’t think you could go wrong with either brand, or any model in the line you are asking about.

Comment

Any suggestions on where to buy used? I’ve checked Texas Gun Trader and local shops and nada.

Snipershide. Long range hunting.com. 24 hour campfire. Euro optic demos. Natchez demos. Kaufmann optics

Comment

Eurooptic or cameraland ny demos are good to go ifbin stock.
                  I have several z5i 5-25x52s with the BT.
                  Great scopes. Super clear glass

Comment

Snipershide. Long range hunting.com. 24 hour campfire. Euro optic demos. Natchez demos. Kaufmann optics

Thank you

Comment

I have both and the swarvo is hands down better. Clear, lightweight, and tough. Leupold is good too. The swarvo has an edge on the vx5hd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ended up with the Leupold. I was able to compare the Swaro and the Leupold side by side. The lighted dot on the Swaro looked huge to my eyes. Clarity was better with the Swaro but I hated the lighted reticle. I also liked the CDS turret. I am really enjoying the leupold.

Comment

I have that same Leupold and it is a great scope. However, I have Swaro glass and think it is a little better glass. My main reason for the Leupold compared to the Swaro was saving a little money. If money is not a problem I would go with the Swaro.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                            I love my Leupold VX5HD. Actually have two of them. 7x35x56. Brings them in close
                            I have this same power on my rifle. It's like having a spotting scope on your rifle.

Comment

Working...
                            X