10 day demand letter help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    Unfortunately you'll probably be lucky just to get your trailer back. Most people who pull crap like this don't have a pot or a window to throw it out of. No sense throwing good money after bad. I'm surprised the popo got involved and didn't just tell you it was a civil matter.
    If we hadn't sent the 10 day demand letter, it would have been civil.
    Since we sent the letter, and went through the proper channels, it became criminal.

Obviously not a very high priority criminal case

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Tiffany replies to e-mails. I've been asking her questions all morning. Was trying to see if she'd rent me Texastaxi's LOL No luck so far.
      How do we set up a COD rental?

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
        If we hadn't sent the 10 day demand letter, it would have been civil.
        Since we sent the letter, and went through the proper channels, it became criminal.

Obviously not a very high priority criminal case
        Contact the reporter that did the news story. She talked about how the scammers are cheating RV owners and renters. She talked to the BBB about unanswered complaints and an F rating. But she didn't mention that you and likely others have contacted the sheriff's office and have gotten very little help from them in getting your RV back. If the sheriff's office is not making stolen RVs a priority, then they need some media attention too. Maybe that will light a fire under them to actually do something.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Contact the reporter that did the news story. She talked about how the scammers are cheating RV owners and renters. She talked to the BBB about unanswered complaints and an F rating. But she didn't mention that you and likely others have contacted the sheriff's office and have gotten very little help from them in getting your RV back. If the sheriff's office is not making stolen RVs a priority, then they need some media attention too. Maybe that will light a fire under them to actually do something.
          Marvin Zindler would have been All Over This.

Comment

Thats exactly what we need to do. The media hasn't trashed law enforcement enough recently. They need to be dragged through the mud some more.

Smh...

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
              Thats exactly what we need to do. The media hasn't trashed law enforcement enough recently. They need to be dragged through the mud some more.

Smh...
              If somebody stole your RV and the sheriff knows it and doesn't do anything to help, what would you want to do?

Comment

I sent Fox 26 an email!
                We'll see what happens now.

Comment

Smh...
                  Most have their hands tied by a DA that won't back them up, so they don't waist their time. It sucks that they are caught in the middle, but that's life. As they say, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". I'd be squeaking pretty load.

Comment

If somebody stole your RV and the sheriff knows it and doesn't do anything to help, what would you want to do?
                    Have you even read the whole thread?

Comment

What exactly do you want the sheriff to do? Send out a search party to locate an RV? Do you know how many stolen vehicles are reported to them daily? Do you really think vakay knows where the RV is located?

The sheriff isn't going to go arrest Ron at vakay. If Ron has half a brain cell he is protected. He has a contract with the renter that is signed. The renter has not returned the unit and ghosted vakay. The renter probably supplied a fake ID and is a fictitious person that will never be found.

Vakay defense is the RV was stolen from them by means of fraud.

Comment

What exactly do you want the sheriff to do? Send out a search party to locate an RV? Do you know how many stolen vehicles are reported to them daily? Do you really think vakay knows where the RV is located?

The sheriff isn't going to go arrest Ron at vakay. If Ron has half a brain cell he is protected. He has a contract with the renter that is signed. The renter has not returned the unit and ghosted vakay. The renter probably supplied a fake ID and is a fictitious person that will never be found.

If (BIG IF) Vakay is contending the unit was stolen from them and if TT's contract with Vakay requires Vakay to maintain some sort of insurance, there is a claim against Vakay's insurance. Lots of contractual questions and scenarios. None of which which will guarantee satisfaction for TT, but they may give him a path forward.

Comment

Then they need to file with their insurance and get compensated so they can pay off the owners of the trailer.

Comment

So If I let you borrow my rifle to go hunting and it got stolen from your truck, am I just SOL in your book. I'd hope not. I'd hope you would feel obligated to compensate me in some way shape or form. Contract or no contract, Ol'Ron needs to man up and make things right.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                              If (BIG IF) Vakay is contending the unit was stolen from them and if TT's contract with Vakay requires Vakay to maintain some sort of insurance, there is a claim against Vakay's insurance. Lots of contractual questions and scenarios. None of which which will guarantee satisfaction for TT, but they may give him a path forward.
                              Yep thats an option if vakay has insurance coverage for this loss or even has an active policy. It wouldn't suprise me if vakay insurance policy only covers losses while the RV is in vakays possession.

There are contractual agreements that can bar insurance coverages. Such contractual agreement being the contract between the OP and vakay. Which as read on this thread a reason OP insurance will likely not cover the loss. Or the contract between vakay and the renter. Which is why vakay insurance may not cover this loss.

Like I've said all along, it all depends on the contract language and insurance policies. Without either no one can be of much help.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                                So If I let you borrow my rifle to go hunting and it got stolen from your truck, am I just SOL in your book. I'd hope not. I'd hope you would feel obligated to compensate me in some way shape or form. Contract or no contract, Ol'Ron needs to man up and make things right.
                                All that is assuming he has a Conscience about your rifle being stolen.

In this case, the owners of vakay do not

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X