Got my son's Spoonbill Euro Mount back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my son's Spoonbill Euro Mount back

Yeah, I didn't know was a thing either, until we were at one of the hunting shows up here.

A company in Del City, OK called Skulls Unlimited does ALL types of euro mounts. They have a museum of Osteology that is definitely worth the visit.
    They use beetles and other things to get the bones clean.

I'm told the Spoonbills have no bones just cartilage. The spoon bill cartilage definitely makes for a unique and cool euro. I got one this year, just not big enough to mount. I want one now, real bad.
    Attached Files

That is different! A great conversation piece because not very many people would know what it was. I like it

Comment

Very cool - the intricacies of that bill is amazing. Ever seen one before- where did he catch it?

Comment

I used to snag them on treble hooks and give them away until and old colored gentleman showed me how to clean them. It was some good eating!

Comment

That is an awesome Euro!

Comment

thats friggin neat. i like that!

Comment

Where to catch them-

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              Very cool - the intricacies of that bill is amazing. Ever seen one before- where did he catch it?
              So Northeast Oklahoma is 'world renown' for Spoonbills. They are in other states, but NE OK has a ton of them. They 'eat' plankton, so you have to snag them to catch them, barbless treble hooks. A friend of his has a river running through his property that have them. Grand Lake is known for monster ones of these. During the spawn they will harvest their eggs for Caviar. An interesting fish for sure.

Comment

lmaooooooooo...............that is sweeeeeet!!!!!

Comment

Now that's different... very cool though!

Comment

That is very cool trophy for sure.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Man, look at that bill... has to be an accident, right?

Nope. Only the Good Lord could conjure up something like that. Super cool!

Comment

that's awesome!!

Comment

That’s cool! I had a bear skull done at skulls unlimited and it turned out great.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Roar View Post
                              So Northeast Oklahoma is 'world renown' for Spoonbills. They are in other states, but NE OK has a ton of them. They 'eat' plankton, so you have to snag them to catch them, barbless treble hooks. A friend of his has a river running through his property that have them. Grand Lake is known for monster ones of these. During the spawn they will harvest their eggs for Caviar. An interesting fish for sure.
                              I grew up in Tulsa and would hear about people snagging those on the Verdigris River In NE Oklahoma- prehistoric beasts!

Comment

Working...
                              X