No announcement yet.

Best bang for buck zero turn mower suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best ride out there is a ferris. I bought my 2100 in 2017, loaded with 25hp kawasaki.
    It’s probably one of my best purchases ever.
    Hope to get 20 plus years out of it.

Comment

I’ve had 10 years of trouble free service from my Ferris.

Comment

I know thta a zero turn is not really for rought hilly property, but that is what I have, rough and hilly. What would be the best zero for my problem if there is such a mower? I have a husqvarna Z54 that worked great for the first year I had it (it came with the house), but now the tracking keeps acting up.

Comment

When I was looking, I found the Ferris and Gravely both had floor decks which you could open to access the belt pulleys on top of the mowing deck. Gravely dealer was an hour away and Ferris dealer was 12 miles away. My father had a ferris so I knew the history he had with his. These factors made me go with the Ferris.

Usually in the spring and early summer the dealers have zero interest deals which make it easier to justify the high cost of commercial grade mowers.

Comment

JD commercial...I have 984 hours on the original spindles. I know they are expensive but ya get what ya pay for

Comment

Narrowed to Scag patriot 52” with Briggs and Stratton 26hp motor and a Ferris IS700 52” with 27 HP Briggs and Stratton motor. I can get them at roughly the same price. Which one?

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                Narrowed to Scag patriot 52” with Briggs and Stratton 26hp motor and a Ferris IS700 52” with 27 HP Briggs and Stratton motor. I can get them at roughly the same price. Which one?
                Ferris all the way.

Comment

Spartan RT Pro 60" deck and Kawasaki motor with Parker pumps. It's literally a tank weighing 1000 pounds without me even on it. I've even used it to push dirt around and level out spots in my old yard. For its size it'll still run close to 10mph with blades engaged. Only reason I bought this one is they offered 0% financing a few years ago. Had Exmark or Scag been running the same deal I would've ended up with one of those. As long as you stick with a welded deck, Kawasaki engine, and Parker pumps you'll be in good shape.

Comment

Got a neighbor that has a 60” spartan
                    Looks like a dang quality mower
                    When I bought my Scag this past April/May they were offering 0% for 60 months

Comment

Working...
                    X