No announcement yet.

Losing a hunting buddy to his wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Rush Limbaugh said after his short-lived marriage ended in divorce, women can make a man do stupid things. My wife is wonderful about hunting. More so since 99% of my hunting happens here at home. It isn't the hunting that is the problem, it's those beer drinking, cursing, womanizing hunting buddies that I used to run with.

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
      What kind of mini van do you drive?
      Lmao mine is 4 wheel drive with a lift kit and 33" tires.

Comment

I've had friends and relatives that let this happen to them. They are all what I call a "LAP DOG". Most of them are spineless men.

Comment

Reading all of this has made me realize that some attention should be payed to your future wife's father, when considering such things. I made it quite clear to my bride very early on in our dating lives that I hunt a lot, fish a lot, and spend a lot of time prepping for each...and I don't ask permission for such things. She's always been fine with that, sometimes she joins in, sometimes she leaves me to it, sometimes it's me and the man child. But I can't help but recognize the wonderful job my father in law did with her pre-training...I should buy him a steak...

My brother in law is one of my good hunting buddies, and he's mentioned many times how easy my sister is to deal with where hunting and fishing trips are concerned because she knows the drill.

Something to think about...

Comment

my first wife and I dated thru high school. I hunted and fished a lot thru those years. Not long after we got married she quit going with me, hunting or fishing. And then got to bitching about me going "too much". I explained to her that I hunted and fished long before I met her and I would be doing so AFTER she was gone. She is gone and I'm still hunting and fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Those are Tuesday Wednesday girls, you don’t marry those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Pretty spot on right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Reading all of this has made me realize that some attention should be payed to your future wife's father, when considering such things. I made it quite clear to my bride very early on in our dating lives that I hunt a lot, fish a lot, and spend a lot of time prepping for each...and I don't ask permission for such things. She's always been fine with that, sometimes she joins in, sometimes she leaves me to it, sometimes it's me and the man child. But I can't help but recognize the wonderful job my father in law did with her pre-training...I should buy him a steak...

My brother in law is one of my good hunting buddies, and he's mentioned many times how easy my sister is to deal with where hunting and fishing trips are concerned because she knows the drill.

Something to think about...
                Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                  I've had friends and relatives that let this happen to them. They are all what I call a "LAP DOG". Most of them are spineless men.
                  Most of em? Oh no sir they all spineless

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Boy did he screw up.

Comment

I’m reading this counting my blessings that I didn’t marry someone that interferes with my hunting. But then I realized I don’t hunt as much as I used to because of work. If a wife isn’t worth the sacrifice of quality hunting time, is a good paying job?

Comment

I wonder how many of these types of men are reading this but not responding lol! Come on now, we know you’re watching .

Comment

My bride has never complained about how much time I spend in the woods and I never complain about how much time she spends at the mall. But we find a lot of common ground in between.It works for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                            My bride has never complained about how much time I spend in the woods and I never complain about how much time she spends at the mall. But we find a lot of common ground in between.It works for us.

Ditto this ^^^^^^ for me and my wife!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                              Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              Ditto this ^^^^^^ for me and my wife!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              X3 but my wife does very little mall shopping. She loves wildlife and being out in the country and loves being in the deer blind. She doesn’t even like diamonds- I’m a very blessed man

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                                Some of us hunt year around

Similar to the video I sent in our group text with my boys, it went like this:

ME: Hey I think were gonna hunt next weekend. Prolly get done around 5 am and ill stay at the cabin.

WIFE: Ok when will you be home?

ME: I am gonna sleep in and wake up when I wake up. Then ill head home

WIFE: Ok as long as you don't have any other plans
                                Well done!

Comment

Working...
                                X