Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those look incredible

Comment

Can we see the right side of your ram? Shot with him facing us?

Comment

I didn’t take any pics of that side specifically because it’s smaller. I’ll post the two after the head was caped out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What do they use to make artificial polar bears?
          Some kind of synthetic? Some other bear bleached?

If you can't bring the fur, and I am guessing the skull either, what do they do with them? Natives use them?

Pretty dumb laws that keep you from bringing a legally taken critter of any kind home.
          Makes way more sense to kill something and toss it

Comment

I don’t know for sure but I think it is synthetic fur. I’m going to get more info on options as I gets closer. You can keep the skull and hide at a taxidermist storage facility there in Canada. I could mount it and have somebody in Canada display it in their house. I think some folks have sold the hides to the natives but I’m not 100% on that deal. It is a stupid rule and not based on science. Everyone was worried about melting ice and all that crap. The supposed scientist figured polar bear numbers would plummet. The most recent counts had numbers up quite a bit. I also know that once our government bans something it is almost impossible to bring it back. Heck, look at how hard it has been to open up grizzly hunting. I bet most Americans would be ****** if some other country told us what to do with our wildlife and it’s management.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
              I don’t know for sure but I think it is synthetic fur. I’m going to get more info on options as I gets closer. You can keep the skull and hide at a taxidermist storage facility there in Canada. I could mount it and have somebody in Canada display it in their house. I think some folks have sold the hides to the natives but I’m not 100% on that deal. It is a stupid rule and not based on science. Everyone was worried about melting ice and all that crap. The supposed scientist figured polar bear numbers would plummet. The most recent counts had numbers up quite a bit. I also know that once our government bans something it is almost impossible to bring it back. Heck, look at how hard it has been to open up grizzly hunting. I bet most Americans would be ****** if some other country told us what to do with our wildlife and it’s management.
              I totally agree

Hopefully when you get one you will be able to get it back into the states

Comment

Enjoyed that recap so much!!! Thank you for taking us along, it means alot. I really enjoy when I see a Docmay thread!!

Congratulations!

Comment

With the stupidity of the government right now, just identify it as a black bear and bring it on it. If men can have babies, then Polar bears can be Black bears.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                    Any Canadian members on TBH? Maybe we can arrange the ultimate TBH express? Pack so much stuff in a uhaul that they'll never notice the polar bear.
                    : )

Comment

Congratulations Doc

Comment

Working...
                      X