Septic system treatment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    I have an aerobic system that calls for the round chlorine tablets. It's a pain to have to lift the cover to install them every month...not to mention that they are expensive.
    For you guys that use the liquid, powders or little biodegradable tablet treatments that you just flush or pour down the toilets once a month? Are these aerobic systems and not conventional? I just want to make sure I can use them and stop having to use the chlorine tablets.
    You don’t need to use the tablets. They do nothing. If your air system is working properly that’s all you need. I wouldn’t put any chemicals or milk in a aerobics system. You’ll end up with killing your bacteria.

Comment

My septic guy in Oklahoma told me a cup of vinegar once a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
        You don’t need to use the tablets. They do nothing. If your air system is working properly that’s all you need. I wouldn’t put any chemicals or milk in a aerobics system. You’ll end up with killing your bacteria.
        Disagree. On my aerobic system, the chlorine tabs go in the last of 3-tanks. Effluent from tank 2 passes over the tab to reduce bateria and odor in tank 3, before it is sprayed out on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
          I am pretty sure that the tablets are there to kill bacteria that is not suppose to be coming out of the sprinklers, and helps with odor. The aerator is to keep the bugs alive that break down the solids in the second stage.

Comment

Rid-X

Comment

Yeast for making breads. 1 packet of Fletchman's every month.

Comment

Working...
              X