No announcement yet.

Deer have slowed down a little

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acorn crop in Gillespie county is stout atm. The weight of the acorns has the limbs hanging about a foot lower than normal so there’s all kind of new browse that they haven’t had in a while. My pocketbook is loving this moisture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Big slow down on pics in Young County also,was getting tons of pics before rain and now not much at all

God Bless
      Bish

Comment

Just a change in patterns. I'd bet if you find one buck, you'll find a few more.

Comment

Super slow in Hall County too.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
            Just a change in patterns. I'd bet if you find one buck, you'll find a few more.
            Couldn't have said it better [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Same here on my place. Running two feeders & not many pics on camera
              Do have two regular does hanging around just about daily & see them more in the grassy areas browsing

Comment

They have doubled down on the feeders at my place. What would take almost a month to empty a protein feeder is taking less than 2 weeks now.

Comment

Brazoria and Burnett counties are in full rut. So the deer all headed that way. It's like birds flying south for the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                    Brazoria and Burnett counties are in full rut. So the deer all headed that way. It's like birds flying south for the winter.

Comment

Didn’t see a single acorn at the lease in Kimble county yesterday but we are covered up 30 miles away in Gillespie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                        Rain and acorns, welcome to September.

That's about as short and sweet as one can put it and cover all the bases. Feeder activity for me has slowed way down as the place greens up.

Comment

Yep slow down for sure, on one side of my lease not a buck one (had 12-15) everyday until around 9/2. Other side of my lease all the same deer are still there everyday. Weird, but one stand is in the woods and one is in the open.

Comment

We have a couple feeders that have had very little deer activity all of September. Then we have a couple blinds that have had the same group religiously coming daily. I'm glad to see it green! We can't shoot big ones till December anyway, so lets fatten em up for the rut!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              Mine are still there

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                              That's cause you have them tied up.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                                We have a couple feeders that have had very little deer activity all of September. Then we have a couple blinds that have had the same group religiously coming daily. I'm glad to see it green! We can't shoot big ones till December anyway, so lets fatten em up for the rut!
                                My the same except, I can shoot a very big one next weekend and he is gone. Hope he returns soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X